Cheap Bike stand

GoldenMotor.com

Flounder

May 26, 2010
Jacksonville Beach
I took some extra mounting brackets from a motor kit and a spare front tire hub. With a jack stand.
Take an extra handlebar grip and wrap it around the hub. Then sandwich the hub between the brackets, Sew or bolt to workbench.. I used a jack stand to elevate the rear tire.. The jack stand doesn't get in the way of turning the crank when working on the bike....Cheap and practical...
bike build 027.JPG

bike build 028.JPG

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Some good ideas there. I have some old copper pipe and fittings around and may make up a stand using what I have instead of buying the plastic pipe fittings. I also like the front fork hold down using a spare hub and motor mount. Between the two ideas it would be very secure. A variation on the front hub idea would be to fix the hub to 4x4 scrap post screwed to an 8x8 or so piece of plywood which could then be clamped to the work surface... removable and the post would elevate the front hub to the height it would be if it had a wheel on it. Along with the rear stand it would work well I think. Thanks for sharing, you guys!
SB