Rain

GoldenMotor.com

Sunrise

May 12, 2008
Bisbee, Arizona
Has anyone ridden in the rain with a stock filter? The filter looks like it would suck in water. I use my bike to ride to work and sometimes I get caught in the rain. I haven't had to ride in the rain yet with the Motor Bike since I have only been riding it for a couple months but I have had to ride in the rain with my Mountain Bike a few times. It doesn't rain much in Arizona but it does occasionally.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Sunrise, I have been caught in the AZ monsoon many time's, and you know what that is like.... I have had no problems yet, I try to be as careful as possible not to splash to much water up towards the motor. I did one time get a little to much water in the mag and lost fire to the plug....I use a little silicone to go aroung the cover and as far as I know that should work.
But I have never got water to the carb. It can happen, but if you take it easy you should be okay. Just look out for those motorist that will do anything to splash you with there car, they think it is soooo funny. :ride2:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Have you had any trouble crossing the border? Last year I rode all the way to Santa Ana...Tengo familia alli. I had a tuff time bringing my bike back across. I also had trouble with the policia right outside Imuris. They said I could not ride on the highway. I had to walk my bike for a couple of miles with the policia following me. He finally turned around and I was able to continue....I would like to go again in July but having trouble finding someone to go with me. My friend Alex who went with me the last time does not want to do it again. Well, I think it's more his wife then him.

Sunrise

May 12, 2008
Bisbee, Arizona
No I haven't had any problems. But I have been working in Mexico for 20 yrs and I used to ride my mountain bike so they are used to me riding across and just ask me questions like where did you get that, how many miles to the gallon, how fast can you go. One thought it was a 1890 motorcycle and said does the motor still run, they haven't made those for many years. I don't do any highway travel just in Agua Prieta and Douglas. So far not one cop has said anything to me. I kill the motor when I get to the port of entry and ride up pedalling. Some times a new agent doesn't even know it has a motor. Then take off and start the motor. There are a lot of people going through the port on bicycles and you don't have to wait in the hour long line. Just go up to the gate and go through. All the guys at the port of entry think it's great.