Chain Tensioner

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I decided to remove my chain tensioner the other day because my stretched chain.
I've noticed that the bike makes less noise, rides smoother and is snappier on the low end.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have the tensioner on the bike chain and the motor chain direct drive. I also have a cruiser type that give me some adjustment in the rear wheel for tension. I just couldn't get both chains to tension up at the same time.

bagger

Apr 29, 2008
south bay ca
I also had a stretched chain and took out 2 links .I had to take off the tension the chain was then to tight! it dos run better!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I missed that thread. That's a nice tensioner. I like the fact that it doesn't have teeth. I think the one with the teeth would eventually bind up b/c of the high speeds the chain is spinning. Nice find!(^)

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well it really works well. Makes everything smoother, no more chain slap. I also upgraded to 41 roller chain from TSC. $14. for 10 feet. I rode 20 miles yesterday. The only problem I saw was it throws oil off chain onto my left shoe, lol... But I can live with that, knowing the chain isnt going to come off