??Board for Ratty Rides AKA Rat Rods??

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Oh where does it end tho?

I don' wanna have my '43 lumped in w/those pregnant lookin' boardtrackers (jk, I'm flattered actually lol), DYI can be electric or an internal combustion or even external (crazed pulsejet guys), "custom" doesn't need be a "rat rod", you forgot choppers, I really don't think there's much "conventional" about any motorized bike - and it goes on and on...

Ya see, I'm not actually in disagreement - it's not that unreasonable a thought, the problem as I see it is as soon as you start seriously considering subdivisions it gets exponentially harder and harder to deal with. Each and every MB built is unique, many don't fit a classification (or the same classification as the owner views it) and while it would be in some ways nice to have specific sub-forums for each and every type of bike conceivable - ya gotta draw the line somewhere.

I'm not against rat rods or additions/alterations made to the sub headings, I'm just pointing out it's the tip of the iceberg. So far we've been going under the general assumption that if people wish - they can create their own thread for such things in whatever forum they want.

Just my 2¢ ;)

Just because I was about to ask for a forum for "thrift store bikes, with DIY E drive propulsion systems, and trailers" only, you begin to think we will be too specialized. Just like my wife, Let me catch the house on fire one time with my welder and I never hear the end of it.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Although I am a little disappointed that my proposal has become a part of an on going joke I am glad the model helped open so many eyes to the reality of adding more subdivisions. In effect it helped the community collaborate and chime in with opinions concerning the original post regarding an additional forum. I am glad to have played the part of "devil's advocate". As I stated earlier it was posted as food for thought and debate.

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
I wouldn't talk if I were you... You haven't posted a single pic of what you can build! :rolleyes:
Easy der chisel chest. It was a joke....hence the smiley. And I do have pics up of my latest build, though I am waiting on a u-bend to finish fabbing my expansion chamber. No I haven't done a cut rebuild on a bicycle as I have no real desire to own anything other than a good mountain bike platform. Though I must admit I have been thinking about adding horizontal dropouts to a nice hardtail frame for chain adjusters....anywho.

Lighten up Francis. I like your work. Rat rods have never been my thing....I see a lot of good cars hacked in the name of rat rodding, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate them. You throw out an open line like that and I'm gonna run with it every time. It really is nothing personal, and I would have pounced on it whomever had said it. You can laugh along in the future or get your panties wadded up and feel insulted....it's your blood pressure not mine.

Have a beer on me..