Donut Derelicts

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Dan and I were enjoying the car show today when a Whizzer we've never seen showed up. Doug bought it from a friend and it features a late motor in a homemade frame, forks and tank. Very nice construction with loads of custom work.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
O MAN...and the home brews just keep on coming on!
The half moon handlebars have been open, to make that killer Look!
I'm feeling the need now.

Thanks Dale

Ray

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Awesome! Just plane Kool, If you see it again maybe take a shot of the front fork detail? Can't wait till my next visit out there,got to have another donut. Post more here if you see new ones.Thanks Dale..............Curt

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That bike was purchased at the long beach swap meet a few weeks back... He scored that bike for 1500.00. It was built solid, the fork was great and used bearings vs bushings. Well designed.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
FFV8, I don't think we've got enough information to write off the handling of that bike...
My guess would be that it's responsive, or precise, but I don't think it's a bad news circumstance...
I'm dealing with a heavy motorcycle right now that has awkward handling, especially at lowest speeds, and must actually be physically steered through turning movements at higher speeds... Golly, it's a notice-able task to ride the mc! I think it has raked triple trees. Kinda takes some of the fun out of riding good frame geometry and substitutes a challenge in place of that.
Perhaps msrfan will give us better/more specific info on that fork, and trail ? rc

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I talked to Doug just a few minutes and he indicated it rode nicely. He also said he would be riding to Donut Derelicts often. I told him I would post photos on the forum and I'm hoping he will respond to all inquiries. In any case, he's really enjoying riding and showing his new bike, and that's the main thing. Another regular attendee named Jim said he had a chromed out china motored bike he would bring soon. Hopefully the summer will bring out more cool bikes.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
FFV8,
I'm dealing with a heavy motorcycle right now that has awkward handling, especially at lowest speeds, and must actually be physically steered through turning movements at higher speeds... Golly, it's a notice-able task to ride the mc! I think it has raked triple trees. Kinda takes some of the fun out of riding good frame geometry and substitutes a challenge in place of that.
rc
Take a couple of pics of the triple trees & post them. I have fixed a lot of ill handling Sportsters in the past 30 years...

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
yea. no trail and it'll turn on a dime...at 70mph by its self. a trials bike OK, other wise a tank slapper, i'm talking motorcycles, bicycles?? i really don't know, but i got a feeling it will bite you at speed and a bump.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Really cool blown 36,awesome turnout on the bikes. Thanks for the pictures. Can't waite to come out and visit my brother so we can go to the donut shop again.......Curt

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Really cool blown 36,awesome turnout on the bikes. Thanks for the pictures. Can't waite to come out and visit my brother so we can go to the donut shop again.......Curt
Thanks Curt.
was a really good turn out.

Ray

Attachments