Twin engine,Twinn Tandem Town and country

GoldenMotor.com

raydog

Nov 2, 2013
oklahoma
Finished the cargo box today. Its a schwinn Tandem With a trike rear end. I built a heavier rear end widened 16 inches. One engine driving each wheel. When I get some of my kids around I'll post pics. I'm an old guy and not tech savy.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Very nice work raydog! Where do you stay in the O? I can't weld but I'm building a mini-freak myself,all nuts&bolts.

raydog

Nov 2, 2013
oklahoma
Originally I extended the front forks 12" and had one gas tank in the front. It was very bad handling and extremely top heavy.I dropped the front end back to stock.but tank was lower than the carbs so I threw them on the rear. May rework that sometime and mabe use a fuel pump.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very unique and innovative build. How does it handle with one engine not running?
I'd like to see how you have the two clutches and throttles rigged up.
I'll bet it has an awesome sound. Twins always do.

Thanks for joining and sharing your build and talents with us.

Tom

raydog

Nov 2, 2013
oklahoma
it's not set up to run on one engine. I use a dual pull brake lever to pull 2 clutch cables. I use a dual pull brake lever with one single cable and one dual pull cable to operate brakes on all three wheels from one lever. On the throttle I have one cable pulling 2 cables.

raydog

Nov 2, 2013
oklahoma
the motors are synchronized with the throttles opening the same just as the carbs are synched on a twin cylinder engine with 2 carbs