CNS Carb Tuning

GoldenMotor.com

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
Interesting. But still the fuel is sucked up through the jet, which really meters the fuel. I guess the volume of fuel in the bowl could slightly have an effect on flow volume. Still better to have a proper bowl amount and meter by the jet.
I see how the jet works and, if I'm not mistaken, a smaller jet will lean out the bike, should I just get a bounty of jets and see what gives the best performance? I think this one has a .70mm opening

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
Actually, yes performance is important, but really you should read your spark plug to determine proper jetting. Not glazed or white, not wet, just a little brown to dark brown.
I've checked it before and it came out oily and black, changed the plug, same result. I'll get a 64, 66, 68, and 72 just in case.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
^+1. Anything above 24:1 is too much oil.

Also, are you sure you're doing your plug chop properly? You must get the engine up to operating temperature, ride full throttle for a bit then immediately kill the engine. Can't let it idle or anything. Kill it. Then let it cool and see what the plug looks like.

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
^+1. Anything above 24:1 is too much oil.

Also, are you sure you're doing your plug chop properly? You must get the engine up to operating temperature, ride full throttle for a bit then immediately kill the engine. Can't let it idle or anything. Kill it. Then let it cool and see what the plug looks like.
I use a 25:1 ratio, and yes, i run it, shut it off and check, black and oily no carmel in sight...

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I'm sure I'll get lynched for this BUT.....you might try riding for a short while (PAVEMENT ONLY PLEASE!) without the air cleaner.

Just a thought. Helped me figure out my 4 stroking a while back.

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
I'm sure I'll get lynched for this BUT.....you might try riding for a short while (PAVEMENT ONLY PLEASE!) without the air cleaner.

Will do, meant to do this yesterday. This could also be a problem since the air filter was squished in shipping.

Last edited:

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL

You sir are a genius, without the filter it was a world of difference, have a suggestion on a high air flow filter that mounts on a gasket?