Any Suggestions How To Install A Twin-Cylinder Engine?

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Those motors are fun, but they are large, I hade one as a kid. It is too bad they don't have anything in the photo to give you an idea of the size. You could use one of the new Zenoa model airplane engines, I have thought about it, they have them over 100cc's it would be fun to mount one like a BMW motorcycle. LOL. Have fun, Dave

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi, I Remember My Grandmother Had One On Her Washing Machine. It Had A Long Flex Pipe Thru A Hole In The Laundry Room Wall. Lots Of Smoke, Heavy, Slow Running. Imho Not For Bicycle. I Even Remember The Hercules Engine On The Pump Jack, When There Wasnt Any Wind Blowing To Power The Windmill. The Good Old Days When We Had To Walk 10 Miles To School, And It Was Up Hill Both Ways. In The Winter Time (snow And Cold) Sundays When We Went To Church, My Mother Would Paint Our Feet Black With Shoe Polish So It Looked Like We Had Shoes. ron.duh..welddnut.wee.

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
My kids would not believe me that you could walk both way's up hill to school till I took them to the house I grew up in. Ya down then up, then down, then up. No snow lots of rain snowed once. I love those Maytag washers, what a noise. And the smoke. DO you think Grandma ever mixed it correct, I don't think so. Have fun, Dave
PS: This is the Zenoah GT80, its 80cc 800.oo

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
That Zenoah engine is more to my liking, except for the price.

Those twin engines look short enough to mount sideways(transversely).

However, they don't have clutches, flywheels or pull starters.

The actual mounting should be resolved easily enough. How do you mount the clutch and sprockets onto the airplane engine?

Would there be trouble for the engine, or excessive vibration?

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
If you notice the cylinders are the same ones that they use on the single engine, they just double it up. It would not need much of a flywheel and it would not be hard to mount. Starting would need to be like a Whizzer or the happy a bump start essentially. It would look cool and I suspect someone will do it. Have fun, Dave

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
During WW-2 a man used to ride past the house daily on a bike with one mounted on the luggage rack. He had a bulldog scowl and carried a buggy whip for dogs. We figured he must be the meanest man in town. KW

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Cooling a Zenoah would be a problem. A fan would have to be mounted on the flywheel. Shrouding probably also. KW