2-stroke, 3hp Briggs scored today!

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Geoff

Jul 29, 2008
A customer gave me a cherry Snow King snow blower today, that he hadn't used in years. It has a very small 2 stroke Briggs engine on it, and the cowling says 3 hp. I brought it home, fired it up, and stripped the motor & some accessories off of it. It looks stinkin' new. Has anyone used this engine for a MB build? I'm wanting to build a rack mount, maybe with a centrifugal clutch and two wheels welded together, for a large pulley. Any suggestions? The carb's gotta go, and maybe a better exhaust is in order. Anyone have experience with one of these? It seems like a great motor for a bike. ANY input would be welcome. Thanks, Nashville Geoff

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I can't help, but I did want to say what incredible luck. I'm sure someone can help you out with the information you need. There are a lot of inventive guys who wander in and out of here.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
i didn't know briggs made a 2stroke... sweet deal on a new looking one though.

I've heard of people using a smaller rim as the large pulley. as for welding it I"m of no use. but there are lots of pictures around of a varilety of rack mounts that use pulley, try a search in the pic section. I can't think of any particular brands or builds but I know people have done it.

I wonder ho a 16 or 20 inch rim would work as a pulley? the only issue is mounting it and centering it.

good luck, keep us updated. I'd love to see more DIY biek with a variety of drives.

Last edited: