HF 98cc Flathead

GoldenMotor.com

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Does anyone know if there is a drive setup like AGK, or EZM, that will fit a HF 98cc flathead with a PTO of 0.5906 dia x 1.2205 long? It is their old engine that is on the 68371 water pump before being changed to a 79cc OHV with the same PTO dimensions.

Thanks,

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Go to Harbor Freight's website and compare that engine to the 79cc Predator. If the specs match, the agk or the ezm will work. If they dont, then I'm not sure.

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Go to Harbor Freight's website and compare that engine to the 79cc Predator. If the specs match, the agk or the ezm will work. If they dont, then I'm not sure.
I have done that, and they don't match. That was the reason for my question. I would like it to work due to the small size of the flathead compared to the OHV version, plus it's 98cc compared to 79cc. Maybe someone will come forward that knows the answer. I'm guessing the difference is due to the specs of the water pump that is attached. The standard PTO probably didn't fit the pump.

Where did you get your 98cc flathead? Thanks for the input BBB.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Home Depot may carry this motor.

LIFAN 2.5 HP Side Valve Recoil Start Horizontal Shaft Engine

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...ct-5-_-202184119-_-203281925-_-N#.UMy4wKyxmSo

Specs claims the following:

5.6:1 gear reduction for medium-torque applications

Must be an error.
This is the engine I have. The 5.6:1 gear reduction recommendation is not an error. This engine comes with a governor installed, and has a max rpm of 3600 with the governor installed. 5.6:1 @ 36k rpm for medium torque applications (water pumps, pressure washers, etc) sounds about right. However, you most likely would not want to use it on a bike with the governor left intact. With the governor removed, it should be able to hit 5k rpm at least.

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
This is the engine I have. The 5.6:1 gear reduction recommendation is not an error. This engine comes with a governor installed, and has a max rpm of 3600 with the governor installed. 5.6:1 @ 36k rpm for medium torque applications (water pumps, pressure washers, etc) sounds about right. However, you most likely would not want to use it on a bike with the governor left intact. With the governor removed, it should be able to hit 5k rpm at least.
BBB do you have your reduction drive for this engine yet? Which one are/will you use with it?