Meet Stunner

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is Stunner.

It started life as a 2012 Felt Deep 6. Now I'm in the process of building it into a china girl style motor bicycle. The motor is a Flying Horse 80. I'll post more pictures as the build progresses.

These bikes require a lot of work in the prebuild phase. Now that I've got that behind me, I expect the rest of the build to be pretty easy.

This is a link to the prebuild thread if you're interested in reading about what it takes to get to this point.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41183

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'll be watching, silently, unless you screw something up. :)

Gonna be a great looking build. Keep us posted with pictures.

Tom

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
That is one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen. I am struck with instant lust to have one of my own to wax and polish obsessively! Does it ride as good as it looks? NO! Don't tell me! Shhhhh. *sobs*
Seriously sweet ride biknut. You are my new hero.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen. I am struck with instant lust to have one of my own to wax and polish obsessively! Does it ride as good as it looks? NO! Don't tell me! Shhhhh. *sobs*
Seriously sweet ride biknut. You are my new hero.
Thanks maniac, that's pretty much my reaction too, hence the name.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Perfectly appropriate name. Question. Did KW change the bung for the thank to fit this new frame or is the radius the same?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Perfectly appropriate name. Question. Did KW change the bung for the thank to fit this new frame or is the radius the same?
I really don't know about the bung since it's the only one I've seen. It fits the frame perfectly though.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You're not keeping the fat tires??? :(

Here's where I'm at with mine... I'm trying my best to keep the fat tires & I'm adding a front disc.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You're not keeping the fat tires??? :(

Here's where I'm at with mine... I'm trying my best to keep the fat tires & I'm adding a front disc.
I think the stock tires are nice, but I don't love them. These tires are about 1/4" narrower, but are super low profile in comparison. 1 1/4 less diameter. I like what they do for the overall look of the bike. It seems smaller now, but not cramped like my little Cadillac was.

I'm going to have to make do with this scrawny little drum brake, but if you ever make bolt on caliper brackets for these forks I'd probably buy one.

I've got the coaster brake arm bent pretty well, but I haven't tried to correct the chain line yet. I'm planning to work on that over the weekend. Im going to try to turn the sprocket around so the offset is on the outboard side, and it looks like it'll need a washer behind it too.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Dang - I think I got wood
This is the sikest bike I've seen so far that hasn't been chopped to pieces. I love how it looks fat. I'm soooooper jelous. Congrats on another sweet build

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Looking great biknut! Your tires give'r a little different look, in a good way :) Plus like you mentioned in the pre-build, you won't be fighting to keep them clean :p

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looking great biknut! Your tires give'r a little different look, in a good way :) Plus like you mentioned in the pre-build, you won't be fighting to keep them clean :p
Thanks killer, and lamb.

I like these tires a lot. I've always been partial to low profile tires on on all my bikes. Now when I look at pictures of my bike from before with the stock tires, they just don't look right to me anymore. I shouldn't say this, but they kind of look like clown tires to me lol. Just my stupid opinion though, I know others love those big white weenies so I hope no one will take offense.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Thanks killer, and lamb.

I like these tires a lot. I've always been partial to low profile tires on on all my bikes. Now when I look at pictures of my bike from before with the stock tires, they just don't look right to me anymore. I shouldn't say this, but they kind of look like clown tires to me lol. Just my stupid opinion though, I know others love those big white weenies so I hope no one will take offense.
My Dachshund just did.... laff laff laff

By the way you built another great looking bike there...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I worked all day today getting the power side chain line right. It took me 7 hours straight. Geez this is almost like a job. I don't even work this hard when I'm working. All that concentrating gave me a headache.

I started working on it about 12:30, and after a couple of hours I was sure it would never be able to line up without the rear sprocket being halfway into the frame tube. I finally got it to fit though, after a lot of cussing, bending, grinding, viseing, cussing, hammering, bigger hammering, and some painting. And that was just the coaster brake arm that I thought was done but wasn't.

The problem is because the offset motor mounts put the drive sprocket way far to the left. But give that guy at KW Machine credit. His motor mounts get every last bit of space that's available, and not one pube hair more. It just fits if you know all the right cuss words.

I'm sure it looks real easy in this picture.