140 Decibels of runaway freight train at my fingertips.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I accidentally had a stuck horn button, after installing a cheap button, while in my house, and lost all hearing for about 5 seconds. laff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
After you get the bugs worked out at least traffic around you shouldn't have any problem knowing you're there.
Maybe I should have typed this in caps so you could hear me :)

Tom

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
After you get the bugs worked out at least traffic around you shouldn't have any problem knowing you're there.
Maybe I should have typed this in caps so you could hear me :)

Tom
I'm mounting my GoPro camera to my helmet as we speak so I can catch every moment and post it to YouTube. And yes I've got a hair trigger left thumb.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Word to the wise: If you install an electric horn, don't cheap out on a cheap
1-wire horn switch, like I initially did, because it could literally save your life one day. Not that all 1-wire horn switches are bad or cheap, but they are a pain to get grounded right on a painted bicycle. I since replaced it with a 2-wire billet horn switch, after the one I initially bought fell apart on me after I mounted it.

Last edited:

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
if i may ask, how did you wire everything up and where did you buy the horn. If you dont want to give a link to that horn, then could i have one to a different, standard horn?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
if i may ask, how did you wire everything up and where did you buy the horn. If you dont want to give a link to that horn, then could i have one to a different, standard horn?
Yes you may ask. Wiring instructions are included with horn. Just substitute chassis ground of a normal vehicle with the negative terminal of any 12v battery. In my case I'm using a "12v LiFePo4 motorcycle battery" mounted in the black box above my forks.

I got the horn from Autozone but it can be found just about anywhere.
I'm am easily the loudest vehicle on the road except for an 18-Wheeler. LOL

It say's "Dual Tone" but it's actually just one tone, like that of an 18-Wheeler, without the trumpet horns.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Wolo-Powerful-dual-tone-Bad-Boy-Chrome-horn/_/N-25ki?itemIdentifier=52864_0_0_

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Really nice bike. When are you getting the gearbox?
Bring it out to the race at Willow Springs on Sat Sept 1st you
will have a blast on the go kart track.

Damn, that horn is $68
I'm ready for the gearbox (EZM QMatic) right now today but there's no way to "add to cart" or pay for it by PayPal that I know of. It's kind of scary just sending a money order or check.

Look on eBay for a better price or check your local Autozone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-LOUD-BLAST-142DB-UNIVERSAL-AIR-HORN-COMPACT-AH1-/230576424004?hash=item35af6d0444&item=230576424004&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
LOL If you are buying it from scotto you don't have anything to
worry about and scotto will be at the race.
I wrote Scotto and I told him I may need a bunch of QMatics. He told be to become dealer myself and save a lot of money. I told him that makes a lot of sense so I'm waiting to hear back from Mike Simpson about my "dealer" status. LOL

I may have to call him again.