my boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
hey wats up guys, i have been working on this bike for 2 years now and finally got the bike running it idles good but it cuts out on the top end i have to hold the choke to get any top end, i moved the clip up and down and found it works best on the second slot from the top, im thinking i need to re jet it or break it in more any suggestions with any of the bike would be appreciated

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
i forgot how much fun these are i never had one for my self so im supper stoked im going to paint it this color it reminds me of a pea shooter

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very impressive build. Congratulations.

A couple of hints: These little engines always run better after break-in. Give it some time and a few miles and gallons of fuel before concerning yourself with performance.

Keep in mind also that the needle clip position only effects fuel flow below about 3/4 throttle position. At WOT the needle is raised out of the jet and jet orifice size then determines how much fuel goes to the engine.

Keep a watch on your spark plug color to determine if you need to go richer or leaner for good WOT performance.
Tom

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
its painted, i went for a antiqued look, its running way better with some miles on it,the tape is on their cus their is some pin up ladies on the tank

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
check out the seat,looks way better i think, i also made a air cleaner from a tuna can
.crt.
This is getting to be a wicked-cool bike! I like the "Excelsior" green color scheme. (And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought a tuna can would make a good air-cleaner cover. Clean that thing out THOROUGHLY though, unless you're not afraid to make a big stink. ;) )