Suggestion for photo albums

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've run out of room for more pictures in my photo album. I need more room. Why is the space so small?

How about allowing unlimited space in photo albums for a price. Maybe $25 a year or, so much for X amount of space for X $$$

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
An interesting suggestion, but not without some fairly serious problems given the sheer number of members we have both active & inactive and the amount of drive space & server load it would require, not to mention that motorbicycling.com does not solicit, charge nor even wishes to profit in any way from the member base... we don't even beg for donations lol (the PPC ad revenue is just enough to cover costs BTW, no worries).

While you're right and it would be nice, it's far, far simpler for all involved to use the forum's album option for your "best" pics, then any one of the free external media hosts like Photobucket or Picasa w/e - as they're already optimized for such... you can then provide external album links in the "comments" section of your forum albums (chk mine for examples if you wish).

Even if we could provide such a service, there's no way we could even come close to the features, bandwidth speed and space they offer - particularly if you include vids ;)

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It might be something to consider in the future maybe.

Before becoming a MB biknut, I was a Sportster biknut on the xlforum. I was paying $25 a year for unlimited picture posting. Now I'm the top poster with over 1100 pictures.

Here's an example of why it's good to leave the pictures posted. I made this how to thread about installing intake seals. If I made a thread like this here using the forum album, a few months later there wouldn't be any pictures because I would have had to delete them to make more room.

This thread wouldn't work without pictures.

How to replace Intake Manifold Seals - The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum