Titan R3 On The Way !!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The Factory has informed me that the Titan R3 carriers are done and being shipped as we speak. I hope for them to arrive in the next few weeks. There are several parts coming from and made in different factories, and then sent to me. I should have them all together and here in the next 2 weeks or so . I expect the pricing to be Excellent and the Quality to be first rate and top Shelf !! The Engineering is superb and proven. This is exciting. It has been a long wait. But now that the factory is tooled up which was a major expense, we can now expect the Titans to be well supplied and I can keep them coming. The Titan will be around half the cost of other Engine carrier setups and better too. The engines are Industrial Commercial and very light at only 12 lbs. Once the new R3 gets here , I will weigh the whole setup. It will be several pounds lighter than the R2 . The R2 was Stainless and heavy. The R3 is Hard Steel and Chromed. So it will be lighter by several pounds. The T brackets are also Hard Steel and Chromed. So.. Stay tuned. I see where someone is asking to rate the Titan to the GEBE. That may happen. Since the GEBE is around 650-800 dollars and the titan Currently around 400 dollars, That would mean that there has to be some rich guy or gal with 1000 dollars or more in order to do the test. As time goes by, we will find those with Titans and with larger miles on them. right now, I have over 2000 miles and the engine is just now getting broken in. I have seen Large saying he has over 3000 miles , so he has surpassed me. But..I am gaining. Also, I am testing a new version of self oiling Jack shaft bearing from the factory. This bearing is designed to take more abuse. IE for those that over tighten drive chains. The Current Bearing has a rubber bushing that can be cooked on over tight drive chain. I know.. We should not over tighten our chains.. But.. A bearing that can take the extra abuse !! I will take it !!! Sorry to be so long on wind.. But..This is exciting for sure !!! Enjoy the ride.. !!!!

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I either have the time or the money.
The delay must have hurt.
I will tentatively try for Christmas.
What size are your clutch assembly's ?? 78 mm.
Will you sell the carriers piece-meal.

It will be either a Honda or a Titan.
I am tired of numb hands. And pieces vibrating off.
It is time for a new bicycle. I wore the old one out.

roninak

May 9, 2008
Yes I really want to buy it, but without the motor, because the motor wont pass the customs here in Israel, So I will need to buy an engine here, Does the GXH50 fit that kit? and could you sell the kit without the engine? how much would it cost if you can?
and this post is almost month ago, how much time left for the kit to arrive?
Thanks Roni

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The Titan Carriers are here as stated in an earlier post. The only dilemma is that I only have 4 or 5 Titan Engines left. I ordered more Titan engines to go with the carriers. These engines will not take as long to arrive as the carriers since the factory which makes the carriers had to tool up. That took a lot of time and money for the tool up. Now that is done, production should now be smooth and continuous. I hope the engines will be here soon. I can sell just the carriers once I am done testing. Those that choose to use other motors such as Honda or Yamaha can do so. I do not have carrier pricing yet. I should have it done by the first of next week. Thanks Enjoy the ride..

roninak

May 9, 2008
I didnt understand for sure if your kit matches the honda gxh50 with tank on top?

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The New Titan R3's that will be here on the 18th of Nov, should push 40mph with a 36T and if you are around 1000 feet or less. Up here where I am, I can get 32-35 mph with a 36T but I am at 6000-9000 feet high. And every where I go is up from there. So.. I am way way down on power. I took my Titan to Table Rock in Missouri and I was Shocked at the power increase. Wow !! Enjoy the ride...

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i shall be getting another titan. they are smooth with little vibration and great power, from my personal experience i highly recomend the titan.

conradcliff

Oct 10, 2008
Tampa, Fla.
What is the power rating on the TitanR3? What kind or RPM's are we looking at? There would happen to be a torque and HP curve graph for it would there?

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The R3 Rating is the Same. The R3 will have improved Fuel Tank Assembly and Fuel Line Routing. I really Feel that 2-3 hp is plenty. Running 30mph smooth and fast out of the box is plenty fast for bicycles. Very fast... With different gearing, 35-40 can be acquired and is super fast !!! Enjoy the ride...

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
You need reduction. 5:1 is best for bicycles with 700c or 26 inch wheels. With no Reduction, you will have a tiny sprocket on the motor and then a huge one on the bicycle. Huge as in almost as big as the wheel. So you really need to consider reduction. Also.. you need to clutch the PTO.