got pulled over

GoldenMotor.com

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
So I just got the new motor painted and installed so I was headed out to brake it in and have put over 300 mile on both of my bikes this year.I head out of town on a back road its running ok and I am taking it easy on it for the first tank then I am going to ramp it up a bit.I go bye a state trouper nod a wave next thing I am being pulled over,should have known he lives up that road.He asked me for my lisence and registration with a smile,I gave him my lisence and went into the speach about under 49 cc peddle assist law no reg neaded,how do I know this is under 49 cc he said.Do you have a bill of sale for the bike and motor?
:-||
After some smooth talking from me he took some pictures asked me about how I built it and let me go on my way.Few what a nice cop this could have gone realy bad.He said now you can tell everyone you got pulled over and harrassed bye a cop .I need to make a new 49 cc motor tag for it so I can prove next time its 49 cc.It took it off when I painted it and threw it away,opps going to petsmart later to use there machine.
usflg
I did get 20 miles on the bike after that but it started to mist so I headed home.

Attachments

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
After we got over the legal isues he was realy nice and interested then he took a lot of pictures(evidence LOL),also this town has about 1000 people and he knows were I live and work ,small town thing.I have a motorcycle lisence anyway and I think he wanted to check it out more than anything.
laff

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
So I have put 500 miles on my bike with no hasle because I go in so early.My buddy got pulled over a couple a weeks ago from a state troper that lives in our town and said I dont care what the dmv said you need to register anything with a motor in the state of NH to drive it on the road.He also had some other things to say about the DMV employes but we wont go there.All the town cops I ride in have no problems.

I saw a posting here about people who got pulled over in hampton beach,they got tickets,fought it in cort and won.I would like to get the docket # as he said there was not a court case that has been won for this in the state for this,does any one now about these people or how to get in touch with them?
.flg.

I plan to ride until he says no more because he pulled me over and let me go before so I think I am good.Its to bad they have to hasle me trying to save money,a harmless bicycle when there are meth labs and crack dealers all around.I must be a easy target and I wont light my bike on fire and run away like the meth lab person, its not like I can out run them.
.wee.
Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited: