How did you get injured on your motorized bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

scrollerguy

Nov 8, 2008
Midcoast Maine
Well about a month ago, I was going to get the mail, perhaps 50 bike lengths away. The lobstermen were working on their traps, there was a new sternman with a pitbull.
I coudn't see inside the stack of lobster traps, as they were shaped in a c pattern.

Well I'm going about 15 mph and that's the last I remember. Broken collarbone, cracked ribs, mild concussion. The bill came to over &7000.00 dollars.

And to make matters worse the new sternman worked one day and never showed up again.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I was almost got it by a dog, long time past. It was non-motorize bike. I had on the back my camping gear and a disassembled two piece fishing pole with bandannas on the ends. One was vertical and the other horizontal on the rear carrier. Nipping at my right pant leg for a while the beast did. No farmer to call off the dog. After a while I guess the dog was slowing up, then upside the head for em, not intentionally though. Away I was looking back at the dog turning around!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I was showing my bike to my buddy Pete in front of his house. We both had Whizzers, but this was my first Briggs bike. Well I forgot to tighten the nut and bolt on the front brake arm and after a 30mph or so pass I hit the front brake lever and the backing plate spun. It wound the brake cable around the axle bending the right side of the handlebars down about ten inches. I rode it down to about 20mph before I went down. Landed on my right hip where I had a large metal tape measure clipped to my pocket. Slid on that tape measure forever and came out with a bruise and a small scrape on my elbow. This was in the 80's and a few years later on the same bike I went down after braking in a turn with gravel. I still get asphalt coming to the surface on the back of my left hand.

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing

Das Chicken

Mar 22, 2012
Georgia
I took a 20 mph turn at motorcycle-like lean angles and lowsided. I was wearing shorts, took a nice gash into my knee and arm. On my arm, the skin was worn down till it was white! The chain came off in the crash, so I had to reattach it, START the bike, then ride home all while in serious pain. I couldn't walk without limping for two weeks.

Won't be riding in shorts anymore..

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
This was shortly after building my first (and last) two stroke jackshaft bike. I had misjudged the lean angle, and wasn't looking far enough into my turn. Suddenly, this industrial lawn mower shows up right in front of me. I had no time to react, and just enough time to comprehend what was about to happen. I hit, flew off the bike, and landed on the trailer tailgate. I'm glad it was the lawn mower I hit, because if I didn't and instead went into the trailer (I would have if I wasn't blocked by that mower) I wouldn't be here typing this. Of course, I was doing about 25mph when I hit, so my front wheel buckled, fork bent back, and the tank dented. NO DAMAGE to the mower except a very barely visible tire mark. I still have the wheel to this day. I'll post a picture of the wheel and fork soon.