need guess, educated guess or swag

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
okay I got a gas tank off a bolens engine (same as ryobi), my chainsaw bike get about five miles from that tank of gas. I am trying to figure out what size the tank is cause it seems like terrible gasoline milage. Some of it may be leaking out around the return hose, but I doubt that much is.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
If it's full of gas, pop the gas line off and drain it into a container and measure how much gas is there. Then just pour it back in :)

Ranger

Aug 7, 2008
I have a ryobi 31cc gas tank that I pulgged all the holes in. after reading this thread I just went outside and made a quick measurement of how much gas it holds.

The tank holds 1 1/4 cups of fuel if just pouring it in. You can get an extra 1/2 ounce if you shake alll the air out of the tank.

There you go.

However, I would suggest making or buying a bigger tank.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well I learned two things when I went out to the bike.

One it was empty when I filled it and I filled it from my mixing bottle. Estimated amount of gasoline is 12 oz which seems pretty close.

Two there is a leak in the tank. I have five new plastic canteens coming so I'm just going to ride the mtb25 till they arrive. I just rode the mtb25 and it seems to rev higher and has a better friction wheels so it does just as well as the chainsaw33.

I emailed the man who is donating a Weed Whacker for the brochure build and I pick it up tomorrow. I should be working on the build for a couple of days. Then I guess I will be looking for a new hobby again. It's like the antique cameras, once I knew how to do it, I lost interest. In this case I at least get to ride them to the store for my effort.

At this particular moment the little mtb25 is my favorite. After the brochure is done, I might have a motorized bike yard sale.