Looking to Tour the entire country of Taiwan on a morini powered bike

GoldenMotor.com

uncleargenius

Nov 15, 2009
hawaii
Hey guys not a newb but havent logged in about a year. Im in taiwan now,
the country of no laws when it comes to how big or fast you can go on a gas powered bike, sidewalks, middle of traffic, crosswalks all ok to ride on.
pretty much 100% freedom. anyway my last setup was friction drive but im ready for the 9.4 morini and have some questions i couldnt find when i searched.

Im guessing the morini has a clutch? so if i pull in I can use my bike as a pedal bike right?

on a 24-26 inch mountain bike my weight 145lbs what kind of gear ratio
do i need for a peppy take off while still hitting 50mph?
front sproket and rear sproket?

sportscarpat how much for steel mounts that i can weld to a steel framed mtn bike?

sportscarpat what kind of pipe was on the black boardie? I want something small not interested in the kx65 pipe pm me or ill pm you

does pirate cycles sell fuel line for the morini?

does anyone sell already made wheelsets with moped hubs?
if not i suppose ill go with the cnc machined hub sproket setup

lastly im in taiwan so i have access to mostly giant and khs bikes since they
are manufactured here any models that would be great for the morini?

At first i thought to buy a great bike aluminum, suspention, disk brakes
and go cheap get a friction drive and 4hp 2 stroke 6lb motor from thatsdax.
But really what i wanted all along was a morini setup so what i plan to do is buy a cheap steel frame mountain bike to offset the cost of the motor
upgrade the bikes components where it counts like brakes, and better front suspension fork, maybe a better wheelset and ask sportscarpat for semi-universal steel mounts that i could weld to the steel frame. ok comments, suggestions? thoughts?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
For a quality morini build, don't go cheap on the bike.

Get a used quality bike to start, with disc brakes and at least front suspension.

Use a 4-liter fuel tank for long hauls. Unsure if gas stations abound in Taiwan. Ya might want to carry more than 4 xct2liters.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
the clutch on the morini is centrifical, no pulling it in. on mine the clutch has a bit of drag as your turning the gears with the engine off and makes it hard to pedal, don't know if thats typical of all 9.4's but thats how mine is.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
the clutch on the morini is centrifical, no pulling it in. on mine the clutch has a bit of drag as your turning the gears with the engine off and makes it hard to pedal, don't know if thats typical of all 9.4's but thats how mine is.
My 5.8 Morini is also hard to pedal , but you should not need to because of its power. Sometimes i pedal for a quicker takeoff