First build ~ i hope

GoldenMotor.com

Kraash

Jul 29, 2008
well it seems you guys talk building details here the most.. i hope to start my first build very soon and this is the bike i hope to use.. i have had mixed coments on if it can be done .. any feedback would be super =)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
If you can shoehorn a motor in the frame, it would be pretty sweet. Drop that seat all the way down, maybe back a bit, or maybe even rig up a custom seat bar to bring it down, back, and down some more...make it fit more like a motorcycle seat.

Is there no front brake on there? Probably going to want one.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Man I got 12 High X 12 front of pipe to back of air cleaner, Back mount to front mt 9"
on a 50cc motor. Man it's way to close to call. I know what will work! A rear mount like a Titan. From the specs I just don't think the room is there.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well I would say try putting the motor in with no mounts get rid of the bolts and remove the intake and see what you get. Im thinking its way to tight but ya never know till you try. I think if it fits with no mounts then it possible to get it in there. I shaved the front of the motor on one of mine and cut down the rear mount till there were only a bit of the tips left.
good luck...will be a fine ride if it fits
Terry

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
to be honest, i think the motor will fit. but when you try and bolt the pipe and the intake on thats when you have a problem, the intake will hit the seat post tube and the pipe will hit that down tube, I do think the problem most of all is that down tube, and how it curves up and not down and out. Looks like the bike is new so when you try and fit the motor and say it wont fit... just dont scratch the paint and take it back to the bike store and get something diff. good luck with it, its a sweet bike. :p

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Ok well I checked a bike I have that the frame is fairly close and I think that you can make it work like everyone is saying its going to be tight but not to bad. Here are some pictures to think about. The only thing other than the bar missing that you have that I dont are sizes are almost the same. I measured 12 inches from the bottom bracket to the seat post but just depends where you measure we maybe the same. As you can see the frames are pretty close but that one bar might get you. I used a cut down motor mount for the motor. The intake will need modified to mount a carb. THe exhaust mounted up ok to the my frame so I think you could be fine there. I dont know how much metal is on the front part of the motor mount? I have filed it at an angle to mount up to one of my bikes.
I hope it works its one bike that I have looked at that would look dang good with a black motor to match it.
Hope this gives you more fuel for thought.
Terry

Attachments

Kraash

Jul 29, 2008
wow thanks for the help... i might just try it.. no if i could just deside an engine to buy.. what one was that?

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Dont worry about what motor that was...when you look at almost all of the 2 strokes from the bottom of the head down are all the same. From 48cc to 80cc the head its whats different on the outside and when it comes to mounting its whats outside that counts. Ive considered shaving the tops of the heads to make one fit to spinning the head around backwards and having the carb up front (havent tried it yet so dont quote me). You want your motor as low as possible but hey if it has to be at the top of the frame who cares as long as it works and is safe to ride. THe higher it is the better chance you can ditch the crappy chain tensioners and with the setup on the back of the frame you have alot more room to tighten the chain.
Later