25cc bike

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have the 25cc ready to test except that I needed a gas tank. I really wanted something small that I had around the house so that I could toss it after the test.

I found an almost empty bottle of peroxide. You know the stuff you put on cuts to clean them. I get a lot of those by the way.

I emptied the ounce or so into another half filled bottle. Like I said I use a lot of that stuff. So at that point I had a mostly empty bottle of peroxide. I would ordinarily just rinse and empty bottle with alcohol then let it dry.

I was about to do that when I had a vague memory that the old V2 wwII rockets used peroxide and alcohol as fuel. I don't know if it would have done anything or not, but I rinsed with water first then alcohol just to be on the safe side.

Does anybody have any idea what would have happen if I had mixed the two.

Just curious.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Nothing would happen. They used a 70 or 80 percent peroxide. You are talking 3 percent. They way the got the tremendous reaction was pushing the peroxide through a silver screen with an inert gas. It would cause it to instaneously release the extra oxygen molecule. The reaction was quick and violent. The exhaust was super heated water..........................

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I worry more about you using a plastic bottle for a gas tank. But you did say it was only temporary. Have fun and be safe............................

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Hey the Cubans are using soda bottles for gas tanks, I think a peroxide bottle will be just dandy for the time being :)

Might want to check your local laws on transporting gas in a non-approved container though.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I have the 25cc ready to test except that I needed a gas tank. I really wanted something small that I had around the house so that I could toss it after the test.

I found an almost empty bottle of peroxide. You know the stuff you put on cuts to clean them. I get a lot of those by the way.

I emptied the ounce or so into another half filled bottle. Like I said I use a lot of that stuff. So at that point I had a mostly empty bottle of peroxide. I would ordinarily just rinse and empty bottle with alcohol then let it dry.

I was about to do that when I had a vague memory that the old V2 wwII rockets used peroxide and alcohol as fuel. I don't know if it would have done anything or not, but I rinsed with water first then alcohol just to be on the safe side.

Does anybody have any idea what would have happen if I had mixed the two.

Just curious.
This would be a bad idea - peroxide is not nice stuff even at low concentrations.. its corrosive, that is the method by which bleaching hair works (I can tell you from experience lol) even at 12% that stuff is vicious on the eyes just from fumes. Safe is always better than sorry..

So far as I know its responsible for two submarine sinkings (the Scorpion I think (I remember it being an S-Class boat) and the Kursk), since brass fittings and hydrogen peroxide together make an explosive gas. It was also experimentally used in U-Boats turbines as a replacement for electricity... they gave up because it couldnt be made safe enough.

If any got into a motor for prolonged periods in fuel for example, it wouldnt do it any good although at small concentrations the damage would take a while to show I suspect..

Jemma xx

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got the bike to start a couple of times but it never did much more than run a few minutes. I changed the carb on the engine and never really tried it before because I didn't have a stable platform to spin it from.

I think tomorrow I need to go back and take the carb off and make new gaskets and seal it up. I think there is an air leak. That is my first guess. It is getting gas and it does fire now and then so it is probably that.

It also backfires when it is trying to start after I have pretty much flooded it.

tomorrow is another day.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Onto the back burner for this one. The thing started ran about a foot then died and I can't get it to restart. It's flooding so I think The problem is probably the carb I changed out. I'll have to take some time to work on it I guess. Since I really want to work on the chainsaw bike, I'm going to move to it for a while.

Ill come back to this bike one day I'm sure.