Attachment problem

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Why is it that when I go to post an sttachment(picture) to a message, if it has been already attached to another posting it is not allowed?
This is a major pain!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Big time.

To get around it, I have been uploading to photobucket then copying the thumb code. Is a pain but works

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just change the file name of the photo you're trying to upload. The forum software prevents multiple postings of the same photo over and over again. That was being abused by some members so we made a change. Sorry for any inconvenience. Just rename your photo and post it.
Warning: Any abuse of this will result in deletion of the photo and an infraction issued to the poster. We recieved a number of complaints about multiple posting of the same photos so we had to take action. Thanks for understanding.
Tom

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
but how do you use the same photo for diffrent post that have already been uploaded.i cant seem to find out to use old uploaded photos on new post?

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Just change the file name of the photo you're trying to upload. The forum software prevents multiple postings of the same photo over and over again. That was being abused by some members so we made a change. Sorry for any inconvenience. Just rename your photo and post it.
Warning: Any abuse of this will result in deletion of the photo and an infraction issued to the poster. We recieved a number of complaints about multiple posting of the same photos so we had to take action. Thanks for understanding.
Tom
I had tried that in the past but no go. Will try a few others.

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
ok i upload a photo for a certain post,and say two weeks later i come up with some other crazy scheme to do to my bike,and want to use the same photo that ive already uploaded.how do i use that already uploaded photo again on my new post?without useing links,there kinda scary to use,id rather have the thumbnail?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i just upload them again after renaming them. say if first time i used bike.jpg i rename the picture
bike2.jpg that was easiest for me.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i think it would be more user friendly if the pics were just left out of quotes, that seemed to be the problem, everyone was quoting post with pics and all the pics were posted over and over. if it just left them out of a quote you could still

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
i think it would be more user friendly if the pics were just left out of quotes, that seemed to be the problem, everyone was quoting post with pics and all the pics were posted over and over. if it just left them out of a quote you could still them for other uses.[/QUOTE]

I agree, whenever I quote someone with a photo I remove the photo. Kinda ridiculous to have the same photo posted over and over especially on the same thread.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
i just upload them again after renaming them. say if first time i used bike.jpg i rename the picture
bike2.jpg that was easiest for me.
That was one of the first things that I tried, no luck. If it works for others I must still be doing something wrong!