so heres my new bike turned rat! :)

GoldenMotor.com

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
yo bro definetly go with 2doors idea that looks clean i actually like it but my tank is from 72 and they changed the tank it seems mine is the only one with the brackets that come down but good luck with your build u have a very nice bike so just keep it clean and always remember no short cuts

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
if im not mistaking thats a migargi rover, please, and this is just my opinion, dont bach it up anymore than u have done, turn it back!!.....

chrisE

Mar 1, 2010
san pedro,ca. U.S.A.
sorry not a very common term, its used on custom choppers/motorcycles, a style from the 60s n 70s
heres a pic. Motorcycle, Gas, Tank, Bobber, Chopper, Gas Tanks if you look closely youll see two tabs one at the front and one at the back of the tank with a hole in each of the tabs used to mount the tank to the frame its simple yet affective. you can drill through your frame and use nuts n bolts or weld a couple of threaded bungs to the frame( recessed for a cleaner look ) and mount it that way. any ways good luck and hope this maybe of use to you, reason i know this is from building a chopper before a motorized bike, so if you ever have issues like this look at what those chopper guys are doing you may find an answer.

derekian72

Sep 23, 2010
Monrovia, CA
I'm currently mounting a 1972 Indian tank onto a Micargi Stealth frame. The bottom of your tank looks very wide so my advice may not work for you. It looks like 2 half circle brackets either welded or riveted into your frame (one on each side of the top frame bar close to the neck) to receive the two rubber grommets in the front inner part of the tank, then a simple flat bracket welded to the tail of the tank with a hole in it for a screw that goes directly down through the hole and into the top frame bar a couple inches in front of the seat post. It is best to actually thread these 'holes' in the frame which is tricky. I'm having my work done at the local weld shop for about a hundred bucks. Tank placement is key, definitely worth it to have a good welder do the job. Hope this helps!