nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Re: Franco Morini 9.4hp road bike build *video intro

I love the render on the website.
Thanks mate! I love the vintage café look

this is a Norton Commando I built

And will be going for a similar look with my morini-bike

Got some progress done to the mounts, and am super excited! Will update with a video later this afternoon...

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Looks good! It should or I mean "will" be a rocket when your finished. It will a stock 50+mph bike with a 44 tooth rear sprocket. What's left to do on it because it almost looks ready to fire up. I just bought a 9.4 and replacing my 5.8 Morini that I plan on porting it and building it up with a stroker crank.
Keep up up dated!

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

Looks good! It should or I mean "will" be a rocket when your finished. It will a stock 50+mph bike with a 44 tooth rear sprocket. What's left to do on it because it almost looks ready to fire up. I just bought a 9.4 and replacing my 5.8 Morini that I plan on porting it and building it up with a stroker crank.
Keep up up dated!
Thanks EZ!
Due to a shipping error I wont have the hub-drive adapter until next week. So lame.
But I did got the carb on and alligned, the throttle setup, and the ignition mounted.
I ordered a new welding helmet and respirator setup so when that comes in, I'll weld the mounts too.

Also, the pipe isn't here yet. Damn. And I'm using a goped tank until I can locate a suitable cafe Style tank.

How did you connect the fuel lines? I see your setup with the goped tank too.
I was wondering what to do with the 'extra' line coming from the tank, since the fuel line has a inline filter already on it.

I'm going to try out a 42T sprocket, see where that goes, I would really like excellent acceleration up to about 45mph. That's it.

Where did you source the stroker crank?

Will put up a new vid in a few hours...

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Nid,

Here Is A Pic Of The Tank That Came With My Used Morini And Of The Frame It Came Out Of. Not Sure What Hp It Is. The Exhaust Port (the Hole Looking At The Piston 1s 1 1/8" Id). The Wheel Rim`s Are Like 10" Dia Plus The Tire.

He Would Have Sent The Whole Frame For Cost Of Shipping, The Exhaust Would Have Been Nice

Attachments

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

Or something of a similar style...
Also thinking about trying the rockshox iride for 700c road bikes, looks like a sweet little fork...

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

Thanks man! I Found 'em on ebay a while back and saved the pic so Im going to have to hunt them down again. . .

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Nid,

Here Is A Pic Of The Tank That Came With My Used Morini And Of The Frame It Came Out Of. Not Sure What Hp It Is. The Exhaust Port (the Hole Looking At The Piston 1s 1 1/8" Id). The Wheel Rim`s Are Like 10" Dia Plus The Tire.

He Would Have Sent The Whole Frame For Cost Of Shipping, The Exhaust Would Have Been Nice
Neat I saw that Motor again on another post. That thing is huge! when ya gonna put it on something.
Send it over my way I will stick it on somthing:D

Welcome to the forum nidyanazo! Keep us posted on the build looks exiting! Nothing quite like building one of these creations and taking that first ride! Nothing compares to that first thrill its addictive!

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Goat

Recently Bought Another Stretch = 32 Spoke Wheels. The Other Has 68 Spoke And Did Not Want To Change Away From The 68 Wheels. Yesterday I See Pirate Has The Nice "mm" Special Sprocket Back In Stock. Cant Decide If I Want Shifter Kit Or Not. Going To Ask Fairracing 31 What He Thinks! Can`t Ask You As Your`s Is A Shifter. Ron

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Ya I am really enjoying the shifter Nuvinci set up with the Morini. How long it will last I will have to be the tester. I let you guys know. I think your motor probably has plenty of power Neat! Nidyanazo you will be riding soon enough exited for ya its gonna be fun!

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

Hey Goat I was going to try a nuvinci with this bike (still want to if the damn fallbrook tech sales guy ever calls me back)

Reason I tried to contact them is if it could work backwards, then I'd put it on my wheel and run the chain to a sprocket.. But I havent seen any bikes with the nuvinci on the left side...

Do you know if it will work?