48-52? Old Schwinn BA-97?

GoldenMotor.com

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Thats a nice old Schwinn DX, I'd guess late 40's to mid 50's. Looks like it's wearing middle wieght tires. Whats the serial number? from that you can tell the true vintage

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Sweet VMB, #'s F84805 on bottom bracket. So 1948 right?

I got a set of repro 2.125" tyres w/ it for $200. Seems fair to me it's a runner in good original condition for 60 (+/-) yrs old.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That's a great question and I wish I had an answer - but I got nuffin'

I gave it a lot of thought and got a few suggestions, but nothing I thought would be what I wanted... so I went with a cross between new and old, a buddy called it the sorta "muscle car" theme lol

Brass, copper and leather wherever ya can? It'll "age" pretty quick...

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
lol, looks like Venice has been around the block a few times with the ol Schwinns
I am quite jealous tire slider, I live in the Pacific Northwest and and you will never find a bike that old in that condition here, lucky Bum geez...lol

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
you scored man i saw one earleir this week , a guy has a shack full of bikes but he wanted 400 and worsh shape had a funny light on the front fender and a rack on back it was a real cool bike but i,m broke

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Post some pics of the bike, especially the chain guard & paint details, & the #s.

I have really detailed references for the #'s & dates, & I still can't find yours. :confused:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
T the S I'm in Seattle! The NW. Road'er to the store for Beer'n'Pizza earlier this eve what a dream!

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Ok, the answer came to me in the middle of the night... Its a non-chicago schwinn made for another brand!
Baird is really good at tracking these things down; wait until he gets back & hit him up.