Gasline installation issue... on 4g t-belt

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Cool, so that tool is really in there more of a “future use”? It comes set up, but if it loosens, or you need to change the belt, you have the tool?

I was doing the crank just as you said, but for the last “jamming nut” I was using a large set of plyers that have the ends turned at 90 degrees (not sure what you call it)... got a good grip and tightened as much as i could force it... I’ll try the hammer idea if it loosens again.... do you use any locktite or threadlocker?

Thanks again for all the help, and the pictures.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have not used any on mine but if it is persistent then use some blue lock-tight do not use (RED) if you you may never get it apart again with out damaging it.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Yes I remembered you saying that is why I told you about that next time you get the chance read the label on red lock-tight it says you will need special tools for removal after using this product. Oh and are you still considering the GT2 Combo deal ??? if not that is OK too
Cheers Hunter
Terry

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Terry, I sent you an email on the Gt2 just now.

Does anyone know if you can paint the red cover with some type of paint where it will not chip or flake off? Im building a brand new one, but need that thing to be black. Thanks guys

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Terry, I sent you an email on the Gt2 just now.

Does anyone know if you can paint the red cover with some type of paint where it will not chip or flake off? Im building a brand new one, but need that thing to be black. Thanks guys
I used special paint for car bumpers from the local auto parts store. It had a special primer that you use. Just followed the instructions and it came out great. I painted mine silver to blend in with the engine.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Hunter
I have the information you need
SANY0210.jpg This product is called One Choice (SUA 4903)

SANY0228.jpg This how it looks just after paint

Picture 035.jpg This is what it looks like when finished

Easy to use make sure the part is clean and free of oil and fuel. Then spray on one coat make sure you get paint that will work together. The paint store will help you with that then just paint the cover what ever color you like

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Terry,
I looked for my sent email and couldn’t find it... It should have been regarding the use of the 4g on the GT1/GT2. The sprocket that comes on the bike is 44T, and I was just wondering if it was super easy (no half turns or centering... just automatic) to change it to the 50T that comes with he 4G. As I understand it, the 4g has too much torque and easily destroys it’s 11T drive sprocket. I am assuming this 44T will make that problem worse.

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
BILL & TERRY,

Thank you both for the paint suggestions..... couldn’t find the One choice, but did see the Krylon, and got it.... It’s awesome. Probably will try the One choice if I can find it on the next one.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
It dose not happen that frequent I have sold many many kits and I have yet to have a customer kill one so far and if it dose you can change to a 10 tooth non free wheel and the problem is solved

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Hi Terry,
I had an issue installing my 4g on my 5/8" shaft motor. Since my motor actually has a 15mm shaft I had to shim the parts on the shaft. The clutch rotor went on nicely but when I was putting the bronze bushing on it was too tight a fit and the bronze bushing started splitting. My own fault. I was wondering if you knew whether the bronze bushing can be ordered seperately. If not, I found an oilite bushings at McMaster Carr that looks like it'll fit. It's part # 6338K471.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I can get you the bronze light bushing I will not know the cost until
Monday. If the part you picked looks and fells right then try it but there is
a chance that the bushing you have may damage the clutch bell. Also the
bushing has to be soaked in oil for 24 hours and is made special for that
purpose. Please remind me on Monday about the part you need.
Terry