made it better 2 strokes

GoldenMotor.com

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
were fresh into this moter bike gig , my son and i each built a bike he drives his back and forth 35 miles a day to work ,, lasted until it was broke in then he scared a piston lost power ect. so we got a new head and piston , but while we were waitin i told him that back in the day when i was young we would run 2 stroke Go-carts in the 60s and early 70s and we would port and polish them and get a lot more power out of them so away he went polishin up everything the whole inside of the case the back of the new piston then we found why they burned up the casting slag wasnt removed in these engines so sooner or later this brecks lose and gets sucked into the chamber ruins your moter so i wasnt to happy with the quailty of these chinese junk moters,, but i gotta say after spending 80 bucks for amercan bearings for the crank polishin everything up polish intake and exhaust ports and manifolds he sparked it up last nite and oh my god what a diff. no noise ran smooth power up the yegyang what a diff a little TLC makes after seeing this i recamend before you put your new moter in do an american rebuild, you wont be sorry things like all the gaskets are to big blockin the passage of the gas mix all these little mistakes the chinese dont deal with need to be delt with if you want a good running motor Poul and Tyler.wee.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Yes I agree, I did the same thing and it really woke up the motor big time.....I couldn`t beleive the difference.....I ordered a sweet intake manifold and can`t wait to put that on.....

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
were waiting for for carbs from spooky now ,, then maybe well try our luck on welding up some expancion chambers what fun were having its like the 60s are back

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
OK<< yes they are Napa #6202J for the crank and a6202JZ for the simi sealed cluch bearing thats working real good but were about to give up on those carbs .. well see

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I got one from Pat...He makes those sweet s/s ones with a nice gradual curve to it.....He has a thread on here"Performance Intakes" I think, in the 2stroke perf. post....
I have a NAPA right down the street from me.....So I`ll see if they have them or order some.....
P....

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
we had to order, they dont carry as much anymore ,,must be the enconomy at least it comes alot faster than waiting for our parts from the bike dealers

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
ya ,, i saw those intakes nice flowing intake ,i like im ,,,the problem with maniacs is no one has there engine set at the right angle for the carb to sit level ,,so these are all ready to go, let us know how it works out and wicht carb are you running ,,do you have a exhaust chamber yet

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Plus his intake comes straight out and ya have to re adjust the clutch cable perch so that the float bowl doesn`t come in contact with it.....I had mine pretty low and it still contacted it some......
I`m waiting for a NT carb. and I`m running a Supertrapp slip on tuneable exh. right now that seems to be cool......

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
hey Paul, educate me on that exh, whats a supertrapp slip and isnt the NT carb the stocker that comes with the moter or is there something i,m missing were messing with the CNScarb but but but,,, the stock carb i clocked my boy at 32mph witha 44 tooth then we had the CNS running good one time and we got 38 mph and now its messed up again i know we need better flow exhaust , i,m just trying not to jump in and buy something ,but want to hear others imput on the exhaust Thanks Poul

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
There`s a post here someone els started about a SUPERTRAPP exh....From SUMMITRACING,$51.00It`s pretty cool...You tune it by add,subtracting disc`s.....checkout the post,pic.`s too.....
I have stock carb. now.but SPOOKY TOOTH has a NT carb. 3mm bigger with a built in fuel shut off valve, check it out....

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
No it`s sure not a chamber, but better than the stock deal....Specially if ya just add it TO the stock exh....Now ya have a tunable stock exh.lol.....Worth the $50 if your in a pinch on cash and can`t get the more exotic stuff...

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Yes, gottum and just waiting for a few other parts and then I will start to put everything together.....The raggity ass motor thats in my bike now is running so sweet I hate to mess with anything....It`s a bushing rod motor and has some time on her but runs so sweet and strong....(knock on wood,lol.)...

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
if it aint broke dont fix syndrome dang it i was just wondering if all these moters are the same in the bottom end,, you know is my Raw the same as yours so those numbers on the bearings work for you just a thought ,,,good luck ,,ya we moved the needle valve clip one notch leaner and its running the best it has ever run on my bike but my kids going threw **** with that CNS carb,, might of scared his piston AGAIN

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
There's at least one supplier, I forgot who, who takes the China motors down. Cleans, checks, & polishes, I think, befor they sell it to you. This would be a good thing. An addict like myself may begin to do this as a matter of corse.
What was found in your son's motor may be typical to many motors that fail prematurely.