my "custom" exhaust video

GoldenMotor.com

sellouma

Jan 8, 2010
New York
i rigged up a muffler if you will for my 49cc 4 stroke, i wanted a bit more power and the stock pipe is to restrictive, but unlike a 2 stroke running without a baffle and decent back pressure will fry the exhaust valve, so i rigged something to provide just enough back pressure but to be more free flowing than stock, so far im liking it! i know it looks like crap and i am working on it, i bought a buncha stuff today. anyways let me know what you think

YouTube - custom exhaust on 49cc 4 stroke
who cares about how it looks.is it doing the job it is supposed to do? if yes, then mission accomplished!
I really like the sound, it shows that the engine is "breathing" comfortably, which is good.
enjoy thebrnot

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really is a cool concept. Ever see Fairracing's "junk yard build"? Your muffler on a build like that would be awesome. Hope to get to it some day but want to do a Mad Max looking build with a can muffler and regular threaded pipe as, oddly enough, pipe. Use the HF. Stripped down, has that "funky" look. With our drive. Gonna be fugly, lol

Just looked for link to his build thread. Will ask later.

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
ok so i just watch the video
my first thought (before you started the motor) was "is that dude really using a vegetable can, man it looks awful" (not tryin to be mean just honest)
but then you started it and WOW
it sounds grrrrrrrrrreat
it looks like there is a muffler before the tin can
is it completely hallow?
tin can completely hallow?
i guess what i am askin is if this is basically just a straight pipe with holes in it

and how did ya determine how many holes was the most power?

i gotta say i love that exhaust and i would definetly sport it

when people look at ya funny on that bike you just gotta say
yup, its a veggie can

Last edited:

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
ok so i just watch the video
my first thought (before you started the motor) was "is that dude really using a vegetable can, man it looks awful" (not tryin to be mean just honest)
but then you started it and WOW
it sounds grrrrrrrrrreat
it looks like there is a muffler before the tin can
is it completely hallow?
tin can completely hallow?
i guess what i am askin is if this is basically just a straight pipe with holes in it

and how did ya determine how many holes was the most power?

i gotta say i love that exhaust and i would definetly sport it

when people look at ya funny on that bike you just gotta say
yup, its a veggie can

yup its a tomato soup can! i originally had them from my pulse jet project. the muffler before it is the stock muffler with the baffle removed, then i just jb welded the can to it, in order to tune the power what i did was take one can with only one small 1/2" hole and then took it for a spin, then came back and drilled another hole. and i kept doing that until i lost power, then i got a new can and drilled the number of holes just before i lost power, i had a hill right in front of my house so i would just rip up and down it. i have a speedometer and i would clock how fast i could go up the hill. i gained a good 5-7kph from this darn can!