First build, vintage style

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey, Fast Eddy
Thanks for the link. I have bought a couple gas cap and bung assemblies for $40 each. Now you find them for $25 with a steel bung and $28 for the assembly with a stainless bung. It's even in San Jose, practically in my own backyard.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pat, I feel so bad about that that I'm going to spend the rest of this rainy miserable day drowning my/our sorrow.

Really,I'm sorry that I didn't find it sooner. It was on the electric bike site of all places.
Well, it will help on the next build.

Wish we could build gas bikes in Canada but that isn't happening, I just checked we gotta buy them pre made. I'm thinkin chop it!

Fast"even faster"eddy

Last edited:

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Holy smokes Bill, I just clicked the link under signature and watched your little video on your motor bikes. Those things haul a$$! Can you post some pictures of the motor, I want to see what that puppy looks like up close.

Thanks, Rich

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Yep, Bill, I was talking to you, thanks for the reply.

No doubt about it, that motor of yours will kick the snot out of the little Chinese two-stroke I have on my bike. It does not have the 'vintage' look so much, but dang it, that motor rocks! I think the centrifugal clutch is a nice addition. Losing a clutch lever would make way for a rear brake lever. I am currently relying on a coaster brake for my sole stopping power.

It looks like your bike will run at 40 MPH all day long. My bike is comfortable at 20 MPH, 25 is doable for short distance, but much more and I hit a brick wall. I think the burn rate of my carb seems to exceed the fill rate, and it simply runs out of fuel. At least that's what the seat of my pants seems to suggest. My brother had the same issue with his bike, but then upgraded the carb on his bike and says he can run at top speed for extended distances. But 40 is not in the cards no matter how you slice it.

thanks for sharing.

Rich