Turbo Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com
Hi Happycheapskate,

I don't know the model number but it looks like it is for a small motor. Ron is very sharp about building wild Whizzer motors. I have the twin engine Whizzer he built [to run for the Bonneville record], and my recently departed friend Terry McAllister had the 2 cylinder Whizzer motor called the "VeeZer". All of his Whizzers run well, therefore I am sure the turbo is the correct size.

Have fun,

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Thats neat. I have a question for any of you motorheads that might know:

If a HT engine's head volume is increased (double gaskets, different head, spacer and 2 gaskets etc), but the bore is not, can its horspower be increased if the new head does not lower compression too much to fire?

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
Thats neat. I have a question for any of you motorheads that might know:

If a HT engine's head volume is increased (double gaskets, different head, spacer and 2 gaskets etc), but the bore is not, can its horspower be increased if the new head does not lower compression too much to fire?
Hmmm interesting. maybe a hotter plug if need be/stronger spark
.wee.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I thought it was related to the topic because often when adding a turbo to an engine, the compression ratio or cylinder volume total must be adjusted to prevent knocking and optimise cylinder filling on intake stroke.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone putting a turbo on a chinese bicycle gas engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOShyYwZc6k
video of dune buggy catching fire due to putting a turbo on a stock engine