First motorized bicycle (Board Track Style)

GoldenMotor.com

FreeAgent

Sep 15, 2009
Boise
Hey guys! Just signed up for the forums. I decided to do a little photoshoot of my recently completed MB. For this one I really wanted an old style look. I wanted it to look old but not rusted out barn find old. I took a lot of design from the board track bikes, but I wasnt really concerned with making an exact clone of one.

The bike started off as a Firmstrong Bruiser Prestige. The gas tank was pulled out of a motorcycle junkyard here in Boise, which I then sandblasted down and refinished. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

I still need to get my seat back a little bit further, any ideas?

I hope you ejoy!

Sorry for the attachments, it wont let me post links.
-Brett

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Re: First MB (Board Track Style)

Welcome And Congrats, Great Build. You May Already Know This, You Can Bolt On A Regular Caliper Front Brake To You Springer Fork. Just Use Hole In The Bottom Of The Bearing Tube. I Think It Has To Be Mounted On The Front For The Caliper Arms Length To Be Correct. I Can Post A Pic Of Mine Tomorrow If You Like. Nice Pics. Ron

vrgt2003

Sep 10, 2009
Raleigh NC

Great looking bike, love the handle bars and the tank. You might try flipping the knuckle around 180 on the seat and see how that looks. It might get you back an inch, inch and half.

Mike

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles

nice job. Great aesthetics. Love the period feel photog. Is the frame steel or alum? If it is steel, you might consider welding two support posts ala Board Tracker style to hold the seat way back over the rear. What engine is that? Did you paint it? Was it silver or balck originally? Did you send out the fin edges?

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri

What a great looking bike! This makes me want to make another one. On your seat question, You can use a lay back seat post which will have you sitting several inches further back. Purchase one with the welded support bar on it. I am using one on both of my bikes and the relocation is a bonus on comfort. Just order the correct seat post size relative to your bikes seat tube.

Attachments

FreeAgent

Sep 15, 2009
Boise

nice job. Great aesthetics. Love the period feel photog. Is the frame steel or alum? If it is steel, you might consider welding two support posts ala Board Tracker style to hold the seat way back over the rear. What engine is that? Did you paint it? Was it silver or balck originally? Did you send out the fin edges?
Thanks for the complements. The engine is a gasbike. It came in kind of a gloss black. I ended up repainting most of it flat black, then grinding all 3 covers down to bare metal for some contrast. I also grinded all of the paint off of the edges of the fins on a wheel grinder. It helps to add to the quality look in my opinion over just a cast metal color engine.

Brett

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA

Looking good man
I WANT to start one of these, but am in the middle of another project. I have been wastring my time drawing plans over and over again for a Board Track!!!!!!
Hopefully i will get it started soon.....

OleSkool

Dec 19, 2009
West WI

Free Agent - I am going to be in Boise this next week (in McCall now) I saw a scooter place in Boise on my way through on Friday is that a good shop for Motorized Bicycling stuf!!! Your build is like one I want to start, Brusier Prestige but I may go with a Monarch springer? I would like to check out your machine if you are ok with a meet? I will be in town 11-15 Jan 10

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland

FreeAgent, you asked about a way to set your seat back farther - I bought a seatpost from these guys about six months ago: Board Track Seat Post | Ghent Cruisers, and I like it because it drops the seat farther down in addition to farther back.

The problem I had with the "standard" laid-back seatpost (meaning, the one depicted earlier in this same thread) is that they end up raising the seat higher.