Clutch cable Help

GoldenMotor.com

Edge2k

Aug 15, 2009
Daytona Beach, Fla
Hello all i just got my first engine kit from kingsmotorbikes yesterday and i already have all of the components mounted on my Del Mar but the only thing i cant find much info on is the clutch cable, it seems to me that its way to long and the instructions it came with are very vague, if anyone has some pictures and some better info it would help me out greatly, i already have the clutch handle mounted and the cable going towards the motor i just need some help on how to attach it to the clutch lever and how much tension it should have.:-||

Thanks
Edge

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
make sure you have a good sharp pair of wire cutters and yes the cable may need to be shorten measure how much you think is too long,leave extra to be sure you have it long enough,make sure to slide cable half way out of jacket before cutting,it needs to be a clean cut so it will be easier to slide cable back threw cable jacket.

the clutch cable runs from the clutch lever down the right side of bike tube and along side of right engine(thats where a spring goes to protect fron heat) and then it goes threw a hole metal screwy thing on right side of engine, then it goes threw a hole on the end of clutch arm, and you screw tighten a cable end stop on the end. you will cut off the rest of cable after the cable end stopper leaving 3 or 4"s of extra cable. you may need to adjust it again.

with the clutch lever released the clutch arm should be straight pointed to back of bike,and when the clutch lever pulled in the clutch arm will be at a angle slanted toward the right rear side of bike. you dont need to use the spring that goes near the clutch arm,it will be easier to pull without it.

Last edited:

Edge2k

Aug 15, 2009
Daytona Beach, Fla
-_- ok it all made sense after i read your reply, i completely overlooked the piece on the motor that the cable had to be inserted through, it did all work out in the end and i only had to cut down maybe an inch and a half. im just having some issues with the chain now, it seems like the motor isnt held down tight enough and after a few secconds of running it sort of tweeks it self to the left and causes the chain to bind but i should get it sorted out in the next few days =)

Thanks for the help guys dnut