Looking for a chainstay crimper

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Like the title says Im looking for a crimper to crimp my stays. My belt is rubbing a bit, and would like to crimp the stays like the factorys used to do.
Thanks in advance

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks Jay, That would be great, borrowing one would be the ideal situation.
SB- I remember seeing pics of MS crimper but I couldnt find it in a search.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Great crimper! if the backer blocks are made somewhat longer than the crimper blocks, there will prolly be less distortion of the crimped tubing

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Bump again, If anyone has one to loan I would be willing to pay shipping both ways and put a deposit on it.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It would be nice to have one of these. I'm going to need one for my "kindalikeawhizzer" build which is getting some attention now that winter has come. I may look for msrfan's thread to see about making one. Seems to me that Mr. B got around the problem by welding in a kind of dogleg. Once I get to the point of needing to modify the frame I'll have a better idea of what to do. Which approach will work best for my situation. No doubt yours would be enough having access to a crimper.
SB

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm not sure if this'll get you where you need to be, chainmaker. But this is how I buy myself a bit of chain clearance.

A bolt holds the dropouts at their proper width. Then I spread the mid-portion of my chainstays with a scissors jack.

I do it slow and gentle. And I flip the jack over, back and forth, in order to keep the stresses as even as possible.

If there's any 'distortion' of the frame, it's below my ability to detect.

DSCN0397.JPG

Plaync

Dec 19, 2015
Ðîññèÿ
Hello Tuners,

im looking for some used ecus for tests

i need edc17c46 /cp14 or med17.5.2 / 17.5.5

me7.5 is welcome too at best with 800 chip

if someone have one ecu please pm with price

thanks

br