Simplex Servi-Cycle

GoldenMotor.com

Bob Gurkin

Jan 1, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Man I love that Model T Simplex. Did you see how he did the steering? It has a bar with two rods going out to turn the front wheel. I think any speed above dead stop is going to be dangerous on this bike. It looks good, but kinda scary :) Perhaps some of the builders on this site will have a Model T ratrod shortly.

Let me make a clairification on my health. I have conjestive heart failure and my heart is presently working at about the 27% level. This is enough to let me do a lot of basic things, but you can forget anything strenous. Breathing is a prob, but no oxygen tanks (thank the Lord) I am still working at my bench on small projects, but have given up on the large stuff. I can get on my puter for awhile, but cannot be sure I will be there on a regular basis.

I love Rick's work with the Simplex Bikes and feel that he should have been the one to start the site. My starting the site is of small importance. Rick is the one who has made it work and I feel that he, rightfully, should be the one to own the site. I am really surprised, and very happy, that the site has done as well as it has. I had almost come to the conclusion that Simplex sites had died. I wish I were still able to get my last Simplex running and ride it, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Hey Rick? Wanna trade your homebrew Simplex for another bike???? LOL. I will be seeing you guys and keep up the great work.

RickS

Jan 30, 2011
Speonk, NY
I'm back in my 3 wheel truck replica. I have some custom clutches from Max-Torque coming shortly. I'm using a comet CVT to drive a solid axle shaft, which in turn will drive max-torque pulley clutches, and then to the wheels through belts. I hope to have this up and running by summer for the Portland meet.

Attachments

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I've been following this thread and I also love the Simplex bikes. A friend of mine just acquired this beautiful red one from a guy in Hesperia.

I rode it around in the parking lot and it was quite an experience.

He has some extra parts I may be able to purchase. I'll post here if it happens.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Ive always liked these bikes .. wish i had one .. well i guess i could make one sometime .
Far as I,m concerned , and i,m speaking motorcycle , its clean .. simple .. and just looks great . Compared to the old harley,s and indians , it sits right up there with them .