49cc or 80cc kit

GoldenMotor.com

djamm

Jan 18, 2009
GVRD
Hi,

I am currently sourcing my bike parts and am looking at two different bike motors both are Powerking's the PK50 or PK80 (EBAY). Could someone please let me know...

Is the larger engine (69cc or whatever) really produce much more noticeable power(speed and or torq)? Are the Limited edition kits any better? Which engine is better in terms of reliability? And lastly I see a Slant variation...with the plug at an angle to the head, any real benefit?

Any other information about these little two strokes would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

.shft.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Here is my 2 cents, the 49cc engine typically run a little smoother, less rotating mass for the assemblers to get out of balance. The 49cc also rev a little higher but they do not have near the amount of torque. That said the larger 69cc engines produce much more torque but don't rev as high so they will need to be geared accordingly. I prefer the larger engine to haul my large rear end around.

4wdingman

Aug 26, 2008
Coffs Harbour, Australia
I have had both 49cc and 80cc kits,the 49cc are good for onroad use, but if you go offroad get the 69cc kit cauce i have tried both kits off road and the 69cc kit has keeps more power!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
My 2-cents go big 70cc size seems to work very well I tend to like it the best the so called 80cc is ok too but I've found that the 48cc is too small for me I weigh about 200 lbs. the small engine will pull me along just fine but lacks take off torque the 70cc and the so called 80cc to me seem to have more grunt on take off I now have 2- 70cc engines that I can take off by pushing off with one foot and letting out the clutch with no pedaling lazy boy bikes if I do say so.laff
Norman