campus cruise

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
My best friend, my lady friend and I went on a cruise through Mississippi State campus.
I was on my trusty Schwinn hi-timber 35mph bike. Arrow reeds, crmachine head, its basically a dax motor rebuilt with Arrow's 4.5 tuning parts on a 34t sprocket.
The lady on my 2nd build, a Diamondback sorrento. This bike boasts a gen iv dax 66cc stock with the NT carb and banana pipe. it has a 26 front 20 rear wheel setup for more torque and a 48t sprocket for too much torque. It tops out at about 22 mph.
My friend is on his Honda rebel, he is the scout leader, chaperone, whatever you want to call him. He has the tools in a backpack and can run down parts, gas or whatever we need in a pinch.
Right off the bat, the Schwinn had chain issues, chain too loose and the spring tensioner wasn't able to take up enough slack when trying to start. It would lock up about every 3 times i tried to crank the engine, so i had to leave it running a lot to keep from having to open up and unjam the chain from the case. this proved to be my Achilles heel the entire ride, derailing the trip 3 or 4 times.
The Diamondback had issues of its own, the NT carb choke lever kept flipping up, limiting the power so where the bike would only go about 13 mph. "The lady" also had a little difficulty mastering the clutch and kept clutch dumping and pulling wheelies at every stop sign eventually laying the bike down once, but no damage to her or the bike occurred.
Towards the end of the trip we stopped and took a picture at the back of the stadium, one which hardly does justice to the majesty of the ride, but still is a symbol of the freedom one gets on 2 wheels. Enjoy.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Freedom is the ability to do what we want that is within reason. Freedom doesn't mean that there won't be troubles.

It's refreshing to read a post about freedom without having to endure the rants about the 'trouble'. Props to you for the adventure and the read!!