just ordered 70cc puch hi hi head .review to come

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
okay just took it out for its first ride and a few things I have noticedfor stuff it has about the same compression as the stock head that I got down well probably a little bit more which is good since I can continue running the same octane gas and fuel mix. NEX his the good part even know that is about the same compression as my old stock head it seems to produce overall a whole lot more torque in the midrange end of the line top end speed did not change it all .

even though I did not gain any type and speed from the head swap I did however I noticed that a lot of the vibrations I had at high RPMs with the old stock head are now gone I think this is due in part to The Squish band and chamber design in the new head.

so along with a lot of reduced vibrations and a heck of a lot of torque in the mid range in low end I am liking this head . this is the perfect high comp head for someone looking to build a torque monster.

I am running true fuel 92 octaine 40:1 andcit seems to be right on par ! All i had to do was adjust the idle a little bit. !

Again on my bike the puch 70cc hi hi gave me a little bit more than 11:1 comp, it reduced vibrations at all rpm's especialy under load, off the line torque increased noticably and midrange torque is off the charts, i didnt notice much on the top end but there is probably a little gain there to idk i have not opened her up to past 3/4 throttle yetbut will keep you updated. Also cooling had increased three fold due to the massive size of the head and cooling fins .

I think i will keep this head on my bike as a final part lol its part of the motor now not to be changed.

Last edited:

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Just got my Puch70 head from Treatland yesterday, gonna be installing/testing today. I have been wanting to upgrade mine for anwhile now, but when the spark plug threads stripped out on my stock slant head a couple weeks ago, I finally had a good excuse to tell wifey why it was nessisary. Higher compression, a squish zone, as well as better cooling? Sign me up! I've been following this thread since you started it and I'm eager to see if my results are as good as yours.

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Just got my Puch70 head from Treatland yesterday, gonna be installing/testing today. I have been wanting to upgrade mine for anwhile now, but when the spark plug threads stripped out on my stock slant head a couple weeks ago, I finally had a good excuse to tell wifey why it was nessisary. Higher compression, a squish zone, as well as better cooling? Sign me up! I've been following this thread since you started it and I'm eager to see if my results are as good as yours.
here is a video of it running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTq7H9Vl5lw
idles like its a big beast then revs FAST like a power saw !!!

sounds good with the exhaust gutted and lenthend 4 inches

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
by the way if i buy another kit its going to be a dax balanced motor and a puch 70 hi hi will be going on it so i have no use for the rechambered high comp head i used to run its just a coffie table paper wieght now if someone wants it ... pm me and when i get back from maine this weekend i will send it out to the first one who pmed me....

its free take it, just send me back the shipping cost via a money order like 3 bucks or something after you recieved it if you have the cash or feel its worth it if not i dont care lol... bunch of pics in the thread, around 6cc chamber 11:1 comp single dome came off a grubee gt5. will work well on another gt5. it makes the bike real hard to kik over lol ! but adds a lot of top end some good midrange and sort of steals a lil low end but not realy noticable unless your looking for it like i was. well worth it ! heck for 3 bucks how can you go wrong !

painted flat black with cooling fin tips sanded and outer ring sanded aluminum.
some minor oil and some minor paint chips from regular everyday use

warning !!! check piston clearance !!!! the dome is only 43mm !!! not 47mm it was decked down real far !!! you will get detonation like i did if you run 87oct, you must run clean 92 or better and 40:1 oil is what it seemed to love

if you running an old motor with some miles on it i have a spare set of piston rings to help maintain proper sealing and compression. they are from jnm motors you can have for an extra 3$ if your interested i can send them with the head. sorry i dont have any ramped cut on pistons left i just used my last one on this motor when i added the puch head and i tossed my old one that was still in good shape.

head has been taken, no longer available

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
super dave i would highly suggest running a cut on piston or grining ramps in the one you have to compliment the head and compression !

having a puch head with a midrange ported jug(intake ported .5mm lower and .5mm wider, exhaust raised.5mm and widened .5mm) and a free flowing exhause even gutting and rewelded stock with a ramped and cut piston seems to make for a beastly midrange top end bike low end wont suffer but it wont get better ether you will just boost the heck out of the midrange and top end.

piston mod like this

you can buy cut on pistons frome jakes or cr machine man dont forgt to cut and round the skirt on the intake side of the piston where it covers the intake port at TDC, those mods add A LOT to midrange power and alow the abillity o rev a lot quicker !

the pics show only the exhaust done but you will benifit more from also doing the transfer port ramps too.

Attachments

Last edited:

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Ended up having to glass lap the jug, it (& the head) had bad heat warpage, maybe as much as a full millimeter. I shaved so much off to get it flat, now the piston kisses the head, so it looks like I'm double gasketing it. Waiting for THOSE parts now. I ordered 2 of each, gonna see which she likes better, high ports with 2 jug gaskets, or low ports with double head gaskets.

Rog, I did shave ramps on the piston for exhaust, and under it too for the intake passage. And as long as I had the jug off, I cleaned up the casting flash out of the transfer ports too. Didn't touch the port shapes yet, baby steps. Expansion chamber is on the wishlist for a later acquisition, had to get the head 1st.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
looks like you need a proper carb and pipe at this point ;)

Maybe if you want to. lots of people, myself included, love the NT - but the dellorto performance...... pretty ****ing good! Id also like to try a mukuni (spelling)? vm 18 or 16 soon.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
looks like you need a proper carb and pipe at this point ;)

Maybe if you want to. lots of people, myself included, love the NT - but the dellorto performance...... pretty ****ing good! Id also like to try a mukuni (spelling)? vm 18 or 16 soon.
yeh my birthday and x maass are soon..............lol

the wifley is getting me the arrow jug and reed valve kit with a real dellorto phgb 16mm carb

soooo i am running the motor i got now as hard as heck lol.... since i will be replacing the jug, piston, rings, and needle bearing :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The pipe should always be the first part you buy. All the other stuff will work much better with a good tuned pipe, especially a better carb.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
running a freel flowing pipe ... its the stock pipe that has been cut compleetly open and the cat cut right out, the header pipe cut back in the tube that held the cat, and a 1/2 hole where the stinger was..... the whole thiing was extended 4 in, and the smallest opening is 1/2 in in diam where the stinger was. its free flowing too

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
Hey Roger I have a few questions. I'm new to this but mechanically inclined. I bought my motorized bike through a mom pop shop almost a year ago and things started to break as stated through out the forums which I have replaced. I'm a daily rider and while I had the motor out to work on I decided to lap the cylinder body. I took off about half of the material I started out with and also lapped the head since it was warped. Check all clearances and put it back together and runs fine. Take off is kinda bogged down have to peddle a little more than before but after 50' she takes off like a lil rocket. I can't seem to keep the throttle wide open because of the vibration is so bad it tickles my feet! My question is if I lap the head down to the fins how do you add the metal gaskets without it leaking?

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Get some gasket paper from an auto parts store, make sure you get the stuff for gas & oil, not coolant only. Use the jug gasket as a guide and cut 2 of your own and double gasket between the jug & case, or buy 2 head gaskets and use copper coat head sealent between the gaskets, but not on the outsides, only in between or it'll leave a mess (also from auto parts store). Doubling the head gaskets gives you a little more top end, but double jug gaskets raises the ports & changes the timing for stronger low end.

I too used to have bad vibes until I got a titanium wrist pin. Now vibes are almost non existant. Get em here: http://juicemotoparts.com/products/light-wieght-titanium-10mm-wrist-pin-for-49-66-80cc-engines.html

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Get some gasket paper from an auto parts store, make sure you get the stuff for gas & oil, not coolant only. Use the jug gasket as a guide and cut 2 of your own and double gasket between the jug & case, or buy 2 head gaskets and use copper coat head sealent between the gaskets, but not on the outsides, only in between or it'll leave a mess (also from auto parts store). Doubling the head gaskets gives you a little more top end, but double jug gaskets raises the ports & changes the timing for stronger low end.

I too used to have bad vibes until I got a titanium wrist pin. Now vibes are almost non existant. Get em here: http://juicemotoparts.com/products/light-wieght-titanium-10mm-wrist-pin-for-49-66-80cc-engines.html
Super Dave, that's a super explanation. Thank you sir.

Dan

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Hey Roger I have a few questions. I'm new to this but mechanically inclined. I bought my motorized bike through a mom pop shop almost a year ago and things started to break as stated through out the forums which I have replaced. I'm a daily rider and while I had the motor out to work on I decided to lap the cylinder body. I took off about half of the material I started out with and also lapped the head since it was warped. Check all clearances and put it back together and runs fine. Take off is kinda bogged down have to peddle a little more than before but after 50' she takes off like a lil rocket. I can't seem to keep the throttle wide open because of the vibration is so bad it tickles my feet! My question is if I lap the head down to the fins how do you add the metal gaskets without it leaking?
afte lapping it down the gasket surface should actualy get larger and more flat