hello Hi every one

GoldenMotor.com

dyzionyc

Dec 19, 2008
ny long island
Hi, I just bought this kit from ebay
I was wandering if there is any information on the the PK-80 CC engine, not the kit itself. Also im looking for a couple of parts for it like a maybe a reed kit, or maybea performance muffler stuff like that. im looking forward to putting in some comments and info into the forum and happy to join. again any information on this motor is crucial for me , and what parts fit it. Thaks anyways guys peace

Last edited:

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Welcome to the forum. I have seen many pipes made for these bikes and carbs here on the forum. but I have not seen anyone do a reed kit for these bikes yet, but I sure don't know everything. Good luck and have fun building.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Welcome to the forum... Glad you joined us...

Sound like you have a standard HT engine...so most parts would probably fit it.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Hi, I just bought this kit from ebay
I was wandering if there is any information on the the PK-80 CC engine, not the kit itself. Also im looking for a couple of parts for it like a maybe a reed kit, or maybea performance muffler stuff like that. im looking forward to putting in some comments and info into the forum and happy to join. again any information on this motor is crucial for me , and what parts fit it. Thaks anyways guys peace
I got the PK-80 off EBay too and it's pretty much the same as all the rest out there.....just a different letter reference. As far as parts go, all the advertisers on the left hand side (King's, Dax, SBP, BikeBerry, etc..) have pretty much everything you may want or need......except for reed kits.

You might want to check out what others have done on this forum as far as tricking out your carb, but as far as the engine kit goes, it's your basic, standard HT (Happy Times) 2-stroke engine and there is a LOT of info to be found here for it.

dyzionyc

Dec 19, 2008
ny long island
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Okey im trying to choose what type of bike i want to get for this motor. I have a couple of choices.
a. mountain bike,
b. cruiser without gears
c. cruiser with gears

Now im thinking how usefully would the gears be for this setup
would i really need the gears if i had a motor, because if the gears are relatively unnecessary i can get a cruser (without gears) relatively cheap from walmart.
Just looking for some feedback experience and suggestions.

thanks

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I guess it'd be a matter of opinion.......mine is a standard coaster, but in some ways it'd be nice to have more gears for peddling purposes. My carb flooded once on me and I had to peddle a long way home and it was then I was wishing I had more than one speed. But I tell ya what though, when it's running good and I'm just toolin' down the road, the last thing I want to do is to turn off the engine and peddle!!

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
i think im gonna go with a single gear cruiser and save 60 bucks.

any nice seats out there?
What's your budget for your seat? What do your prefer? suspension seatpost? suspension seat?

There are a lot of options available... :)

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
before you buy your bike take a look at the sick bike parts shifter kit, you asked about performance and nobody mentioned it. turns your single speed ht into a multi speed. best of both, low end torque and top speed. pipe lyne has exhaust and i think they were foolin with a reed setup with a walbro carb. look around for porting posts, not just matching the ports but actually porting on the intake and exhuat of the cylinder, disasembaly requiered. wow its late and im ramblin.
late
hill climber

dyzionyc

Dec 19, 2008
ny long island
before you buy your bike take a look at the sick bike parts shifter kit, you asked about performance and nobody mentioned it. turns your single speed ht into a multi speed. best of both, low end torque and top speed. pipe lyne has exhaust and i think they were foolin with a reed setup with a walbro carb. look around for porting posts, not just matching the ports but actually porting on the intake and exhuat of the cylinder, disasembaly requiered. wow its late and im ramblin.
late
hill climber
too much money +200$ isnt really in my budget if you know what i mean if i could built a kit like that myself for under 60 i would do it.
I bought a engine kit for 130$ and im looking for a used bike maybe a friend will let me use his since he hasn't used it for years. i might be able to spend another 60$ on parts maybe nice handlebars, comfy seat. but thanx for the suggestion.