Deacons build-off

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Started this bike about a month ago. Frame was a hand me down mountain bike. Stripped it down and painted it. Salvaged tires and rims off of my orange bike. The orange one started a bad knocking sound so laid it to rest and I ordered a new bottom-end to rebuild it. The tank is from a project lost in thought. I had good intentions!! Rides really nice for not having any suspension. Still tweaking and double checking the nuts and bolts.

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: Salvaged Contender

you really do some nice work. your bikes are clean and original. another fine motorized bicycle build by barron (^)

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Re: Salvaged Contender

Thats a nice bike. I like that gas tank on the back rack. Makes it a little obvious that the bike is motorized..................(^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Son of a Gun. You just solved one of the biggest problems I have had. When one builds a motor bike on a sissy frame and there is no place for the gas tank, put it on the rear. What a great simple idea. It opens up all kinds of other options.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
That is one nice bike! You got Deacon fired up on the tank, I like the color one of my favorites it even matches our forum's colors. Welcome to the dark side or the dark blue side.rotfl
I noticed you have the foam grips my favorites they absorb the vibs if I do say so my self.
Norman

Last edited: