Ami I the only one?

GoldenMotor.com

CaptainDishman

Feb 28, 2013
Salem, Virginia
Today was the second day a squirrel went insane in front of me while riding. I've noticed that squirrels react rather erratically during my adventures. But ever since I change my exhaust to a banana muffler, they seem to be worse.

Has anyone else noticed this? I would hate to run over one of those little guys. I haven't had problems with neighborhood dogs or any other animals. I feel like some squirrel demon as they dart around or have spasms when I ride by. Is it wrong to laugh :)
xct2

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
we don't have any squirrels here however their are chickens everywhere. something about islands they all have wild chickens running around. from what i heard they got to the islands from back in the day of the vikings that they used them for fights, entertainment and food. not sure if true but sounds logical. i did have a baby one run under my tire once and i do worry about the full grown ones. they act crazy when i come buy but i also drive an electric bicycle and i think it spooks them more then anything because they don't here me coming i am just all of a sudden thier

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I live in west marin and its rural and have also had motorbike-chicken altercations because its the family's pet they let runaround in the street, people let their dogs roam free here too, pretty weird I know, lol

My electric bike makes horses freak the eff out, I can't ride it anywhere near them even coasting, they go into full war horse mode and try to hill their handlers or riders.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
This made me LMFAO so much... i haven't had much experience with animals and my motorized bicycles because i live in the city.
I know my friend's neighbors dog hates straight piped 2 smokes, but doesn't seem to have a problem with 4 strokes. He get real close and follows you as you try and pedal start it, as soon as it fires he starts barking like a rabid dog trying to attack the bike

Not so much for 4 strokes, he gets close to the bike as your about to start it but as soon as its starts thumping he looses interest and goes away... although he get a kick out chasing the reflections from the sun of my chrome helmet

CaptainDishman

Feb 28, 2013
Salem, Virginia
I think the horse might be jealous of the bike as being a transportation replacement. My neighbor has chickens that just chill out in their yard. I thought they were fake, because they just stand there and do nothing. Maybe the engine noise paralyzes them LOL. One dog wants to chase me, but is behind a tall fence and he is a tiny yorkie. So no problems there.

Someone else out there has to know what I'm talking about with the squirrels. It's like they can't figure out where the sound is coming from and desperately dart back and forth like a spastic ping pong ball in a Korean table tennis tournament. It's the most unreal thing I've ever seen an animal do. I honestly feel bad for them... but I can't stop laughing every time.

CaptainDishman

Feb 28, 2013
Salem, Virginia
Squirels look stooopid dangerous to me - yikes
I don't know man, they are small and I don't see how.... WOW OMG!!

Running into the police is no longer my biggest fear. I am reminded of a certain scene from the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I don't want to end up like that guy. I can no longer laugh about the possessed squirrels because my mind with be so enthralled with fear of doing a random, unwanted somersault.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
the scene they tried to recreate on mythbusters with the german sidecar flipping over the front wheel, lol!

I ran into a rooster actually, maybe he was protecting his pecking territory lol

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I use to have an old Chevy S10 truck for the year I had it, I hit 7 birds one of which was a chicken. I've never hit a bird with any other vehicle. 2005 was when I owned that truck.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well you can look at it this way, if you run over enough of them you could make a nice warm coat to wear while riding on nice cold days.

Now if I saw one of these in front of me I'd worry

squirrels with guns.jpg

Last edited: