electric bicycle tires

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i was getting concerned they would not ship the tires here especially at $9.00 shipping charge for the pair, just got tracking number so they are on their way. living on an island out in the middle of the atlantic ocean little things surprise and excite you lol
dnut

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I like my Big Apple.

Fifty bucks, rides smooth, looks good, nice and fat (60mm)

What's 50 bucks on an electric? Pocket jingle.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
got my big apples and put on the bike and tried out today. they didn't smooth out the ride like they advertise however. i like them. they grip the road nice. coming down the mountain on the way to work i hit 43mph and didn't brake on the curves and it was very smooth. things i like about the tires is the white stripe on them is actually reflector material which anything to help cars see you is a good thing in my book. the rubber on the bottom is pretty thick and a combination of rubber and Kevlar. if i stop getting so many flats they will be a great purchase. i didn't pick up any top end with them however i didn't expect to. electric bikes have a maximum rpm and i was already reaching that with the other tires.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i wish all tire companies would do this. here is a picture of the tire and then with flash on. this is identical to what happens when car lights hit them.

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i think i am going to order the 2.35 big apple tires. the 2.00 are nice but i want something softer

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i always liked the creme colored tires that's why i went with the fat frank instead of big apple. also i like the name fat frank. kinda funny. i will probably hold onto the big apple 2.00 tires. i like that they hold 70psi. only problem i see with the creme colored tires is they will really stand out and be impossible to hide from kathy. ohh well its easier to seek forgiveness then permission

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i got the fat franks today. they are huge lol. my tire diameter is a good inch bigger which gave me another mph faster. i have to say these tires are all they advertise and more. its like riding on a cloud of air. worth every penny.