Croatian Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
tnx this looks like it could be the solution...just the picture is too small... did any of you had any experiences with theese?
I have and like them very much. The sprocket and adapter are very well made and give a smooth transfer of power from the engine to the wheel. It makes a big difference.
MANIC Mechanic Parts.htm is Jim's website and you should be able to find more information and larger pictures. Ordering should be through Pirate Cycles... one of the sponsors here on the right side of the page. Good product from a great outlet. Good luck, bud.
SB

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
I've just sent a e-mail to pirate cycles, the main problem is the diameter of the hub, mine is 47 mm that is I think about 1.85"

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
If you wish to stay with the hub size you have then I have two suggestions. One is to contact Jim directly at Creative Engineering through his website. He may be able to help you. If not the pineapple hub which Spooky Tooth (one of the advertisers here) has would work with any size hub and is better than a rag joint. I have not personally used one, but intend to try it on and old hub of odd size. I understand that Spooky did have it in 12 gauge but doesn't right now,only 14 gauge. It might still be worth contacting them to see if they will have the 12 gauge and are willing to ship it half way around the world to you. As a starting point a wheel with heavy gauge spokes is just a good idea.
SB

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
first I'll wait for reply from Pirate, if that isn't an option the second thing will be (as often in my case) try to find a machinist who'd be willing to "play" with my scratch and scheme in attempt to figure out and make sth like those hub adapter from pirate (think that it'll be cheaper than ordering it, like you've said from half the world around) and the last solution is spooky tooth because I can already tell that the pattern that is machined in for the spokes would not match my spokes pattern

here are some quick pictures taken with my lame mobile camera...I think i should have cleaned the lenses first hehe)

the hub size

and the spokes pattern and the 9 bolts of the sprocket

the hub is Shimano Nexus 3 gear "Inter 3". SG-3C40

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
first I'll wait for reply from Pirate, if that isn't an option the second thing will be (as often in my case) try to find a machinist who'd be willing to "play" with my scratch and scheme in attempt to figure out and make sth like those hub adapter from pirate (think that it'll be cheaper than ordering it, like you've said from half the world around) and the last solution is spooky tooth because I can already tell that the pattern that is machined in for the spokes would not match my spokes pattern

here are some quick pictures taken with my lame mobile camera...I think i should have cleaned the lenses first hehe)

the hub size

and the spokes pattern and the 9 bolts of the sprocket

the hub is Shimano Nexus 3 gear "Inter 3". SG-3C40
I don't know if I'm seeing things, but are there some empty spoke holes in your hub. It looks like it might be laced for 24 spokes. I could be wrong, but the photos seem to indicate it.

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
no it is 36! where the hole are there the spokes broke off :(

hmm anyone tried this? is it fixed that way so that the pedals turn all the time?!?

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
no thay have to free wheel on the pedal side,or there would be some real fast pedaling going on ,,,,,about 193 pedal turns per minute at 30 mph with a 1-2 reduction crank gear

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
hey guys I have a question...again :)

as the season is approaching I'm thinking about some slight mods on my bike. to be exact last couple of days I'm thinking about changing the tires!

what do you think, to stay with full black, or to try cream or whitewalls also Felt Thick Brick (24x3)

cream

whitewall

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
after playing in a Photoshop I've decided to leave the tires black. Last fall I had a big problem with the rear sprocket mount so I had no other option but to machine one from solid chunk of aluminium! well....I've made the drawing and my frined's father did the machining to my specs this is the result and it's working great

after this big problem solved it's time to start thinking about building a new one to be sold!

I have one more question for all of you - how have you set/adjusted that tiny nut for air/fuel mix? how many turns from being tighten to running setup? (I'm riding standard 66cc engine with stock carburettor)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
no thay have to free wheel on the pedal side,or there would be some real fast pedaling going on ,,,,,about 193 pedal turns per minute at 30 mph with a 1-2 reduction crank gear
Yup, you'd have to put foot pegs on there someplace, so the pedals don't beat the living tar out of your heels. Or, I wonder what a person's calves would look like after pedaling at 193 RPM just about everywhere he/she went?

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
wooow it's been a looooong long time since I've posted here... anyhow a few things have changed since last time...found a nice set of vintage handlebars on a flea market - the pain in the back and in the wrists made me look for sth like this...also found a sweet Huret speedo but without the cable so for now it's just for the looks

couple of day ago a friend took some cool pics for a interview in a magazine and I've decided to show them to you guys (and gals)

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
big tnx to all of you guys ;) @ Silverbear, I wouldn't talk about famous but anyhow it is a magazine and it is a interview not just about my bikes but mainly about the wooden toys that I make... and about the side car - I'm not so sure...more likely there'll be a custom made single wheel trailer....maaaaaybe one day. something like that old PAV 41 if you know about those