throttle

GoldenMotor.com

ace

Oct 19, 2008
ohio
i have bike set up with a weed whacker it uses a bmx peg. I can't figure out how to put in a throttle help?

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
run a brake cable to the engine, and somehow attach the brake cable tot eh old throttle cable.

I snipped about 3 inches off the original throttle attached that to my brake cable by winding a length of solid copper wire around both the new and old for about one inch and 1/4 inch thick. Then I soldered the whole thing together.

I have also used electrical wire crimp tube- slide each piece through and crimp the dickens out of it. this worked well at first

And I have also ziptied the cables together..... this actually worked really well until I soldered them together that hasn't budged yet and will be my go to attachment for the future.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I just used some jb weld to attach a throttle cable. Made a loop and where the cable folded back on itself I wrapped some black tape the jb welded the to ends of the cable together then did the same with the other piece of cable making a cold weld joint in it as well

probably could just lay the two wires side my side and jb weld them tother but the way i did it the stress was not really on the weld complete

Last edited: