A novel approach

GoldenMotor.com

Motormaker

Aug 6, 2008
North Central Indiana
As we all know the best has been done before.(to some degree) Upon more research I found more photo's of this style of bike.

The 1914 Aerothrust Propeller Driven Bicycle

Ahhhh the French

A little more recent

More aircraft tech.................. Jet propulsion anyone? From what I have read this will do 70mph or more!!

Last edited:

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
imagine going headfirst over those bars. I don't know I like my teeth.

Geez at least put a cage of some sort over it. The small one you could probably fit a fan cage over it. lol...

Here's the curiosity factor, I wonder how well it works and as BBB says It would be nice on a hot day lol...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have seen a few weed wacker/prop bikes...they do o.k. on the flat, make a lot of noise, draw tremendous attention and are as dangerous ans any good toy can be.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
huh huh ... cool! (my best butthead imitation). But really that old aero bike is really cool. And only 70mph for the jet bike. Granted its (jetbike) unfaired but the fastest bicycle is something like 70 mph (human power). And my friend and I today were talking about how you could make a motor bicycle go rediculously fast. Cool lookin bike though! And check out the forks!

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Jet Bike With Coaster Brake, It Should Stop, At Least Once. That One Sells For $650. The Car Model Is $1200. Now I Prefer Small Engine With Large Brakes !! rotfl :ride2:

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Spinning over a motor like that shouldnt be that dangerous... just when it fires remove hand before it removes it for you - that or use a starter stick.

Although I wouldnt want to go over the handlebars on that one I have to admit.

Tatra made at least one experimental car with a propellor and I think one of the Russian companies made one that was used as Stalins personal transport. Tatras strangest however would probably be the T87 with a fin and an aircooled V8 motor mounted VW Beetle style (Tatra actually successfully sued VW in the '60's for copyright infringement and almost put VW out of business).

Jemma xx