totald my bike tonight

GoldenMotor.com

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
i was on my way home tonight and was just getting up to speed when i hit a big bump...i had a crecent wrench in my front basket and it bounced out right into my front spokes....lesson learnd make sure EVERYTHING IS STRAPED DOWN!i got a bad case of road rash on the left side of my face and a concussion.but other than that i'm ok...be carfull out there guys!

.duh.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
thanks goat herder...i'll be fine but my bike is going to need surgery and with x-mas comming up i cant afford to fix it now...it wouldnt be hard just need to find some used forks...cheap!

p.s. thanks to you too gear nut we must have been posting at the same time:)

Last edited:

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
What style of bicycle fork do you need? Maybe Santa would send you one if you now what i mean? I hope your alright from the spill. It always sucks learning from the school of hard knocks and paying with flesh. Skitch

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
What style of bicycle fork do you need? Maybe Santa would send you one if you now what i mean? I hope your alright from the spill. It always sucks learning from the school of hard knocks and paying with flesh. Skitch
thanks Skitch i'll be ok...the bike is a huffy nel lusso..its a 26er....man i went out and looked at it this morning and its worse than i thought...i have wheel damage too:(

:-||

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
I have a fork off a Schwinn Delmar that looks to be the same. I have a aluminum 14 ga. wheel that would get you bye. I have no problem giving these up for free but wouldn't mind getting my shipping back when your flush someday. The fork is charcoal grey and the wheel is the flat aluminum color with a chrome hub. It would be interesting to see your damage in a pic. If you want it, post a pic and pm me with your address and i will get it out this week. Tiz the season and i just want to get some good karma going for the New Year. Pay it forward to another fellow mb'er sometime.

50BUCKS

Jul 31, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
I have a nel lusso (brown) new! part'n it out. you can have the fork if you still need it to get you on the road again. let me know if i can help out. sounds like you need it more than i do.

macAlpine

Sep 6, 2011
pittsfield mass
sorry to hear it bro,

that's rough. my friend just had his neck bones and skull broken being crashed into by a drunk, while on a bike. straight up lame.
hope you do better!!:)

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
sorry to hear that. the worst thing that ever happened to me was my pant leg got caught up in the chain on the motor and it froze up the back tire. luckily i didnt fall off the bike cuz i was right next to traffic. just a pair of junk pants as i had to cut it free.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
I have a fork off a Schwinn Delmar that looks to be the same. I have a aluminum 14 ga. wheel that would get you bye. I have no problem giving these up for free but wouldn't mind getting my shipping back when your flush someday. The fork is charcoal grey and the wheel is the flat aluminum color with a chrome hub. It would be interesting to see your damage in a pic. If you want it, post a pic and pm me with your address and i will get it out this week. Tiz the season and i just want to get some good karma going for the New Year. Pay it forward to another fellow mb'er sometime.
Wow man, that is really generous of you and I really appreciate your generosity. 50Bucks on the forum has offered me a fork that is exactly like the one on my bike (except it isn't bent! lol). If you are sure this is what you want to do I could really use the wheel you have. Between the two of you I can really get ahead of the game getting my bike back in shape. I am posting the pics of the bike and my ugly messed up mug. I still look better than the bike! I will gladly pay the shipping costs as soon as possible. Just be sure to let me know how much it costs. Thank you again for your generosity. Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus......Dakota

.duh.

Attachments

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
I have a nel lusso (brown) new! part'n it out. you can have the fork if you still need it to get you on the road again. let me know if i can help out. sounds like you need it more than i do.
Thank you so much for your generosity. I could really use the fork you have if you are sure you want to do that. I will gladyly pay for the shipping asap. Skitch on the forum has generously offered me a wheel. As I told him between the two of you I can get going on putting my bike back together. I am humbled by the interest, concern and generosity of everyone on the forum. I will PM my address to you as soon as I hear from you again. Thank you again, so much. I posted pictures of my bike and my ugly mug with my skin missing..(note the blood on my front fender). Now I literally have blood, sweat and tears in the build of this bike!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
wow! sry to hear abt ur crash! I guess it's gonna happen, though...
if u were nearby, I got a pile of bikes for parts, but not anything specific, to get u going.
rc

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Man this is one awesome bike community! To help a fellow biker on a moments notice. This is what life is all about.(^)

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Ouch, well now you know for next time. Glad to hear nothing too serious happened to you. Post a thread in the Swap and shop section and maybe you can get some donated parts, you never know.

Happy holidays

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Hey Dakota, yea man thats a strawberry facial. Go ahead and Pm me with your address and i hope your a quick healer. From my own history head trauma is nothing to mess with and if things are out of the ordinary get it checked out now, don't ignore #%*t! If you think that rim is salvageable i also have black hub and 12 ga. spokes off of weinmann dh-39. that looks a bit like your wheel. Glad to send the other wheel however, just thought the other stuff might get you back to more original. PM me, Skitch

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That's rough, glad you're okay. If I had anything useful to spare I'd send it to you, but it looks like you've got that covered.
There have been a few times I've gotten off lucky taking a build for a test up and down the lane forgetting that I've left tools on it somewhere. Fortunately so far I've only had to pick them up off the ground, not myself and the bike too. After seeing your pics, I'll be more thorough in clearing the bike before testing, that's for sure.