Wheelset with 12g & Shimano CB110 knock off

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
It might be good for the money.... no doubt..... but are they designed for MB use? Highly doubt it. You get what you pay for with wheels..... after all they are the only things stopping you from coming into contact with the road

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I almost sure the Sportsman hub adapter will fit; Almost all those wheels have the Histop (Shimano clone) hubs.

How is that guy at BikeWorld making any money from giving those wheels away??? :confused:
Norm, the guy says they are not hi-stop brand. And he doesnt have a digital caliper. I told him to get one at the hardware store - didnt get a reply to that :) I found a guy that does have hi-stop, they are $100 a set. Im gonna get those instead.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
yep i think i will go with the hi stop wheelset. I have a shimano cb e110 hub here but the local guys can only supply 13g spokes. So i may look into getting in spokes & rims for that later. At the moment i cant locate chrome rims separately; only wheelsets. There is a local guy who has 35mm chrome rims & can lace them with 13g spokes to my shimano hub.

another MB newb QUESTION: Do 2.125" rims look ok with 2.125" tyres??? I realize they will fit, but, given that the rim is the same size as the tyre, do they look ok? what I mean is, the rims arent too big are they? i can only find hi stop wheelsets in 2.125".

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the difference is minimal with a 2.125 tire on either rim. you wouldn't even notice it. i've also seen rims marked 2.125 and 1.175 and they're the same width. it really won't make it any taller, one will just buldge out more.

and if you go too skinny the tire won't want to stay on. it's not like a car tire and aspect ratios don't really apply.

if you've got the shimano hub, i'd buy the cheap wheel with the 12g spokes, take it apart, throw the generic hub away, and relace it with the shimano.

you might have to drill the hub holes bigger, but that's no big deal. i do it all the time.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
after all my bleating & indecision Im just gonna go local & get the hubs I have, laced up to the chrome 35mm rims with 13g spokes.
thanks for all the help & input y'all
Haha Brett something tells me you take longer then your wife to get ready to go out...... "Hey honey, how does this shirt look on me?"...... "What about this shirt?"....."Ill just go with the original shirt i had, WAIT"....... LOL

Just kidding...... just means you are very involved in your build and that should show in the end result

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
yeah i enjoy this stuff...probably obsess a bit about parts of it...I wanna get the renovation work in the bathroom done asap so i can paint the tank & frame & put everything together...

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I almost sure the Sportsman hub adapter will fit; Almost all those wheels have the Histop (Shimano clone) hubs.

How is that guy at BikeWorld making any money from giving those wheels away??? :confused:
hey Norm do you still sell those chrome wheelsets? or black wheelsets? would you ship Int'l by USPS Priority? Im in New Zealand

EDIT: Had a look at your site, saw the sets there, have contacted you via the site contact page

Last edited: