Bug gen out need a new gearbox

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
So i finally got around to pulling the remnants of my stock hoot gearbox on my HS 49cc four stroke clone. Was able to figure out how to hopefully safely immobilize the fly wheel from the other side in order to pull the clutch bell off. my question is will i need to use a my flywheel pully puller to pull of the clutch shoe thingy that reminds me of a drum break off the crank or is their a easier way to remove this? hopefully safer way i wont have to worry about poping a bearing and or throwing the crank balance off? Second of all how to **** do you order one of those ezmatic of lebanon gearbox? i tried calling the guy up i just dont feel comfortable giving cc over the phone seeing that they really dont have a kosher sounding front end.

ANyone have one of these beasts, the only "local" distributor here in Nebraska has nothing to do with them any-more. and i would like to ask this forum any suggestions for a good gearbox/tranny for these machines? Theirs a few good hills around here and i seriously want to be able to do at least 35mph for traffic sake.

Enclosed is a picture of the carnage.

Attachments

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
The EZM Q-Matic is probably the fastest way to get yourself back on the road with the least amount of fuss. The various Grubee Reduction Drives that would fit your motor are out of stock and no one seems to know when the next shipment will reach our shores? The Staton Inc. gearboxes can be made to work with the HS motor but you will need to purchase an extra adapter and probably one of his HD clutches and those extra pieces will add probably $140.00 to the cost of the gearbox. The Torque converter you linked to can be adapted to eventually work with your motor?, but will probably require some custom fabricated pieces to do it. As for buying a Q-matic Send a PM to member JBcruisin he is the dealer you are referring to. or azbill is also a EZM dealer. There are several other here on this fourm that are dealers as well. Heck you could contact them about being a dealer yourself since there does not seem to be a dealer in your area.

As for removing your clutch, If it does not easily slidoff of the shaft then using a wheel puller is probably the best way to go about removing it.

ocscully