rat rod?? chopper??

GoldenMotor.com

badcycles

Apr 14, 2011
australia
here is my chopper ive been a big fan of the ''rat rod'' , which to me is rather amuzing, i luv the word , seams alot hate it.. but ive always had my ass hanging out of my pants (ozy slang for poor broke etc) so i always spent my money on makeing things go hard and handel.. when i had a few bucks left over id rattle can satin black what ever i built.. now its a ****ing trend..lmao..
So anyway here is my chopper bike i built hyd disc brakes 8 speed nexus hub. motor has 8 speeds as well as pedal 8 speed,, cool huh...

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool. That bike stretches you out nicely. I think the term rat rod referred to early hot rodded cars. They were about speed, rather than metallic paint jobs and chromed brake rotors.

badcycles

Apr 14, 2011
australia
Yeah that's exactly right,, ratrod is all about the build. Speed refinement being able to change modify and improve, as the saying goes " I'll have mine with no shine thanks"

badcycles

Apr 14, 2011
australia
yes i agre the forks do look scary they were made buy cutting a pair of 1'' steerer old school BMX forks in half inserting the 2 longest tubes from a 26'' frame bike and welding it up.. but heres the weird thing i thought it wouldnt last more the a week and id have to make a new set but thousands of miles later and a space of about 10 years its still working fine