8 tooth?

GoldenMotor.com

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
Is there an 8 tooth drive sprocket available for the Chinese 2 strokes? They come with a 10 tooth but an 8 tooth would suit me for the jack shaft I am making. Does anyone know the shaft size the 10 tooth goes on? is it a 5/8 id sprocket? Any help would be killer. Thanks.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
None I know of and the sprocket is pretty much unique for these motors. I think the case blocks anything bigger and the sprocket shaft makes it so nothing smaller can be fitted.

If I'm wrong I'd like a 9 tooth, please :)

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
8 tooth would get obliterated as a drive gear, hard on the chain too. 9 tooth would work a bit better and there was a hint of one in the past. Pop yours off and see how it's kind of unique to the engine kit.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hey All,

FWIW, we can make custom sized chain rings for the shift kit to help you get the gearing you want / need....

Finding different sized sprockets for the engine / other jack shaft sprockets could be hard to find.

Andrew

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey All,

FWIW, we can make custom sized chain rings for the shift kit to help you get the gearing you want / need....

Finding different sized sprockets for the engine / other jack shaft sprockets could be hard to find.

Andrew
Thats great Andy
I need some custom chain rings.
but are you going to answer the phone and return calls? LOL

Last time I called you hung up and never returned my voice mail???
I needed a + -62 tooth rear sprocket in a hurry.
Are you really back to making sprockets? You are a hard man to get a hold of. lol

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Hate to be the doubter, but I wonder if a 415 chain would wrap that tight around that small a sprock- doesn't seem that mechanically sound and would probably use a lot of energy to bend. If the gear is too big, You may be better going larger on the back-

of course that increases clearance problems and makes a tensioner more necessary

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
Hey All,

Andrew
Hey Andy, can you send me a PM on a price for a 30 tooth #41 sprocket 5/8 id with a 3/16 key-way? This would negate the 8 tooth and still give me the 3.0:1 gearing ratio I am looking for.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi,

1) Sorry about not calling back...I guess I must have forgotten...Price for 62T sprocket would be $54.50 plus $5 s/h to the USA

2) PM sent.

Thanks!

Andrew