morini knockoff

GoldenMotor.com

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
An update: I sent another email to the guy to get more info, and according to him the motors have 4 mounting holes on the bottom in addition to the ones you can see on top. Looks like I can indeed mount this to a piece of channel over the rear tire. Sweet!

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
An update: I sent another email to the guy to get more info, and according to him the motors have 4 mounting holes on the bottom in addition to the ones you can see on top. Looks like I can indeed mount this to a piece of channel over the rear tire. Sweet!
This pocket bike engine is nothing like a Morini

Morinis have internal gearing and can mount in the frame like a Grubee

Rack mount?
What size wheels?

Did you calculate your gearing?

These motors can bolt up to a friction drive or use them up front as a "scooterguy"
type mount

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
Someone said it was a Morini knockoff, so that's what I was going on.

Questions regarding my build, ask them in my build thread. This thread was for the purpose of presenting another motor for people.

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
also, i found out that it has a centrifugal clutch, so it will only require the kill switch and throttle.
It will require a jackshaft to get the gearing right unless you
are using it on a bike with tiny wheels like the pocket bikes it was made for

or you will have to have a humungous rear sprocket to get the gearing even close

did you calculate the gearing?

Performance CAG Type Engine | Big Motor Sport

Last edited:

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Why are these motors so hard to find? haven't Morini/clones been around forever?
Its like looking for hens teeth, and when you do find a site that has them, they are either out of stock or ridiculously expensive.
Wheres the hook up for Morini engines at a reasonable price? Its cheaper to buy a used Morini powered bike and just cannibalize the engine, any thoughts/help?
BBB

Last edited: